The YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg is committed to providing a safe environment for children and vulnerable individuals. All
applicants will be thoroughly screened through a review process including Police Record Checks with Vulnerable Sector Search
and Child Abuse Registry Checks. We also are committed to providing an inclusive environment where diversity is welcomed and
encouraged. If you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment or selection process, please don’t hesitate to
reach out. This includes providing you with alternate formats of this posting. We thank you for your interest; however, only
candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are hired, prior to your start date and as a condition of your employment, you will be required
to provide proof that you are fully immunized against COVID-19 or have a valid exemption.
Assistant Counsellor, Full Time
Weekly Rate $200.00 (plus room & board)
Camp Stephens, Lake of the Woods, Kenora, Ontario (Live on Site)
June 25–September 1, 2023 (subject to change)
Do you love working with children? Want to help provide a high-quality camp experience for every child? Excited
about spending your Spring and Summer on an island in beautiful Lake of the Woods? Camp Stephens provides a
unique opportunity for everyone. The Assistant Counsellor will support the counsellor in working directly with
campers, ensuring that there is a safe, fun and supportive recreational/educational setting for the campers.
Are you the right fit?
• Assists in the supporting and supervising of campers at all scheduled activities
- Assist in planning and implementing camp programs
- Assist in ensuring the needs of assigned campers are being met (including physical, emotional, social,
medical and nutritional)
- Assist in ensuring all equipment and supplies are used according to camp standards and ensure
work/program areas are free of hazards
- Assist Provides additional support to the larger team as needed
What else do you need?
- Must be at least 17 years of age or completed
grade 11 but not grade 12
- Standard First Aid & CPR C
- Globally Harmonized System (will train)
- Fully immunized against COVID-19 or valid
Submit your cover letter and resume by March 31, 2023 to: [email protected]
Why work at the Y?
- Great people and work environment with an amazing view
- Complimentary Y individual membership
- Many opportunities for growth and advancement
- Super rewarding job, helping kids have a remarkable camp experience