The Agency currently has a temporary full-time position for a Sexual Abuse Treatment Specialist within the Clinical Services Treatment Team. The position is regional with the main office location in Kitchener. This is a 12-month contract.
The Sexual Abuse Treatment Specialist will provide clinical intervention(s) to children, youth and families to help mitigate the mental health impacts on children and youth who have suffered sexual abuse, adolescents who have offended sexually and/or when sexual abuse is identified as a risk factor. The main duties include organizing and leading sexual abuse treatment groups and providing community education and consultation; providing individual, family or crisis counselling as required by families and children; providing consultation and training to child welfare staff re managing sexual abuse files. This position may be required to provide services to Family Violence clients.
- M.S.W. from a University of recognized standing preferred
- Related Master’s degree with several years of relevant experience, in the opinion of the Society
- Registration with a professional College (e.g. College of Social Workers, College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario)
- Experience in running groups
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Experience in providing one to one counseling to children, youth, and families
- Strong assessment skills
- Above average oral and written communication skills
- Acceptable Vulnerable Persons Criminal Record Check and Driver’s Abstract
- Valid ‘G’ Ontario Driver’s License with access to a reliable vehicle
$30.8276-$39.8403 per hour + 4% vacation pay
Social Work- Grade 7
Articles 15 & 16 apply to internal applicants
Family & Children’s Services of the Waterloo Region is committed to diversity in the workplace and strongly encourages applications from qualified individuals with varied backgrounds.
Interested internal applicants are invited to submit a resume to email@example.com, no later than 4:30pm on January 22, 2020 quoting posting #001-2020.
Interested external applicants are invited to submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 4:30 pm on January 22, 2020 quoting posting #001-2020.
Resumes will only be accepted electronically. We thank all candidates for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.