Chief Executive Officer
Role: Chief Executive Officer
Employer: Big Rock Built Construction Group Ltd.
Salary: $180,000 - $216,000 per year
Hours: 40 hours per week
Benefits: Extended health, dental, AD&D, life insurance
Vacation: 20 paid days per year
Big Rock Built is an innovative construction group specializing in concrete forming, framing & Building Envelope in the residential and commercial market. The specialist Vancouver based company has grown in recent years to become one of the leaders in its field and is on a growth path to take advantage of varied opportunities in the General Contracting environment whilst not losing its identity as the leader in forming, framing and building envelope construction.
We are now looking for a dynamic specialist corporate executive to lead the team in the transition from small/ medium sized construction company to a strong corporate contracting business.
· Executive leadership of and ultimate responsibility for the company’s operations
· Lead the effort to establish, build, and nurture our brand in the marketplace, ensuring that the company’s brand reflects its values and that market perception is commensurate with one of the province’s leading construction companies
· Evolve and implement a strategic vision and comprehensive strategic plan to support the company’s growth objectives
· Oversee the creation of operating processes and protocols to support a leading construction firm, including the creation of all critical corporate and operational infrastructure while developing best practices to recruiting, development, and performance management
· Be responsible for refining and expanding both the technical and operations divisions and the finance and administration divisions of the group so that best practice is employed in all administrative processes (King V1 etc)
· Provide day-to-day management and primary accountability for operations, financial performance, and risk management
· Interact with shareholders on the overall performance of the business, including discussing major strategic decisions, material risk management
· Ensure projects are properly resourced such that they are completed on time, on budget and in compliance with all technical requirements
· Be a building professional (Engineer, Quantity Surveyor or Architect) with a recognised university degree
· At least 20 years of experience in the building and property construction industries, including at least 10 years of senior management or executive experience and 5 years of leadership experience within a large private or public company
· Experience managing large scale construction projects
· Have a strong and demonstrable business background
· Have an in-depth knowledge of corporate structure and be capable of structuring the new organisation and reporting lines
· The individual should possess the experience, knowledge and the personality to deal at very senior level with investors, bankers and shareholders whilst also being able to deal ‘grass roots’ level with our operations personnel.
· Adopt our ‘can do’ attitude whilst setting very high standards and goals which will see the group capable of being listed within the medium term.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $180,000.00 to $216,000.00 /year