With the mission ‘We inspire inspirational gifts’, Mackenzie Health Foundation has raised more than $142 million for capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. The Foundation is spearheading a $250-million fundraising campaign – the largest to date for a community hospital in Canada – to advance patient care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and raise the community portion of funding to build and equip the future state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital. The Foundation supports Mackenzie Health’s vision and mission to create a world-class health experience and to relentlessly improve care to create healthier communities. As we work toward achieving our exciting mandate, we are seeking to grow our inspired team with a Manager, Signature Events.
Reporting to the Director, Advancement, the Manager, Signature Events executes and drives revenue generation for the signature event program. The Manager is supported by and provides leadership and coaching to the event team. Together with the Signature Event team, the Manager partners with a team of volunteers dedicated to the signature event program to execute the event and generate sponsorship revenue in the range of $500 to $100,000. The Manager with the support of the Signature Event team develops and promotes signature events that deliver an exceptional donor-centric experience in alignment with operations across the Foundation.
- Works in consultation with the Director, Advancement, assists with the development of the signature evet plan, budget and key performance indicators.
- Takes an active role in revenue generation: maintains his/her own portfolio of 40-50 prospects and donors at various stages of identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. The portfolio includes but not limited to: small/medium size businesses, individuals.
- Effectively manages and provides leadership and coaching to the Signature Event team.
- Fosters learning, development and teamwork in partnership with other portfolios in the Foundation.
- Establishes processes and practices that advance the portfolio’s performance and support the Foundation’s goals.
- Effectively develop, execute and coordinate the Foundation’s Signature Special Events - including all event sponsorship fundraising, logistical planning, event preparation, and overall management of printed and event materials, working closely with volunteer committee and committee chairs.
- Develop, implement and monitor business plan and budgets for portfolio, in consultation with the Foundation Senior Management to ensure both overall and event objectives are met;
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- University degree or college diploma in fundraising or related field
- Post-secondary diploma/certificate in Fundraising, Non-Profit Management, Event Management, or another related field;
- Minimum 3 to 5 years management experience in events fundraising, preferably in the not-for-profit sector;
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple fundraising events;
- Exposure to the non-profit sector, specifically in the area of special event strategies and sponsorship fundraising;
- Previous experience working with senior level volunteers in the not for profit sector;
- Strong presentation skills, oral and written are required;
- Strong ability to multitask; able to operate under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to work individually and to motivate volunteers;
- Social media and website management experience;
- Must be capable of exercising good judgment and confidentiality in dealing with volunteers, donors and staff and must have patience and understanding of the needs of others;
- Proactive, with ability to anticipate, communicate, and resolve issues with minimal guidance;
- Organized, attentive to detail and effective time management skills;
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.);
- Experience using Raiser's Edge and AKA raisin;
- Extremely organized and proactive with the foresight to anticipate and solve problems quickly;
- Ability to handle people with sensitivity, confidentiality, tact and diplomacy;
- Superb attention to detail;
- Strategic thinker;
- Demonstrated ability to coach and manage staff;
- Must have access to a car and must possess a valid driver's license;
- Flexibility to work after hours and/or weekends as needed. Attendance at all signature events is mandatory.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health Foundation’s Code of Conduct.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health Foundation– Excellence, Leadership and Integrity.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Mackenzie Health Foundation is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.