Founded in 1980, SCP SCIENCEis a successful, privately owned manufacturer of analytical instruments, supplies, reagents and certified reference materials for inorganic, analytical laboratories.
The company has grown substantially in recent years, both organically and by acquisition, and has expanded its sales distribution network around the world.
Take a look at our corporate video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEGifA8g6S0&t=0s
Under the direction of the Production Manager, the Scientific Glassblower will be responsible for building a wide array glassware and quartzware products.
- Design and create glass and quartz ware objects for use in analytical chemistry laboratories (high precision with borosilicate and quartz with tolerances as close as + or – 0.05mm);
- Use lathes and hand tools to model glass and quartz objects;
- Build either pre-cursors or finished products;
- Carry out other productions tasks.
Essential skills and knowledge:
- Previous working experience with a variety of glass; specialization in quartz ware would be an asset;
- Must be comfortable working with a lathe or bench;
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints;
- Previous experience with grinding & cutting;
- Creative ability and talent, as demonstrated by previous work;
- Knowledge of safe handling of materials, tools and equipment;
- College level diploma required.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Group insurance: Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long term disability, medical coverage;
- Paid sick days;
- Company-sponsored social events (parties, BBQ Fridays, etc.);
- Tuition reimbursement;
- Extended Friday lunch hour;
For more information about the company, please visit us at: www.scpscience.com
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- glassblowing: 10 years (Required)