The Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction (CCSA) changes lives by bringing people and knowledge together to reduce the harms of alcohol and other drugs on society. We partner with public, private and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) to improve the health and safety of Canadians. A non-governmental organization with a national focus, CCSA’s vision is for a healthier Canadian society where evidence transforms approaches to substance use.
Reporting to the Director, Information Systems and Web Services, the Web and Multimedia Specialist possesses strong technical, creative and communications skills with a focus on web-based interactive solutions, web development, audio, video and accessibility standards. The position will contribute to the strategic and innovative enhancement of CCSA’s web presence and assets.
- Develop and maintain CCSA’s microsites including the development and modification of widgets, features, modules, frame manipulation, etc.
- Involved in the shooting recording and editing, video and audio products including Facebook Live.
- Photography of corporate events primarily for social media
- Contribute to the identification, implementation and management of web-based interactive products and collaboration solutions (e.g. online learning, web repositories, online quiz, etc)
- Support the technical development, implementation and management of webinars and collaboration tools.
- Lead the accessibility standards (AODA) as it pertains to web and multimedia
- Provide technical development and implementation of CCSA's social media components
- Research new technologies to improve visibility and usability of CCSA’s web assets and social media initiatives
- Perform website testing and troubleshooting (e.g., browser, platform, accessibility, server, database)
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Successful completion of a Bachelor degree or diploma in web development, design, multimedia or related discipline
- 2-3 years of related work experience in web development, photography, video/audio production and social media, preferably in a corporate setting
- Experience with technology and software necessary for video and audio editing, storage, publication and other aspects of asset management
- Knowledge of instructional design and eLearning products (e.g., Articulate Storyline, Moodle, Canvass)
- Ability to manipulate video and audio through editing tools
- Stays abreast of emerging trends and technologies in social media and online technologies
- Ability to debug layout and code across multiple standard browsers and technology stack
- Demonstrated knowledge of web and mobile accessibility principles, techniques and guidelines based on the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
- Proven experience in website layout, design and development, including mobile devices (responsive design)
- Self starter with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Focused on high quality well-developed interpersonal, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in project management
- Experience with web analytics software
- General understanding of privacy and consent as it relates to multimedia production
- Bilingual English and French
Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Interested candidates should submit a résumé by email. We thank all respondents; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CCSA complies with the accessibility standards set by the Access for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- PHP: 2 years (Preferred)
- video/photo editing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19