About Nerland Lindsey LLP:
We are a successful, innovative and team-oriented law firm seeking a Corporate Paralegal who will fit well into our dynamic and collaborative culture. This individual will be an important member of the Corporate Services department. This role will perform a wide range of tasks which require strong communication, organization and time management skills. This full-time permanent role is based in downtown Calgary, and our office is conveniently located on the C-Train line.
- Update and maintain corporate minute books, files, and corporate database.
- Draft documents relating to incorporations, organizations, amalgamations, amendments and other reorganizations and registrations.
- Complete CORES level I, II and III filings with Alberta Corporate Registry, as well as filings with Corporations Canada and other jurisdictions as needed.
- Draft resolutions, including annual resolutions and changes to directors, officers, and registered office address, and other corporate maintenance.
- Prepare documents relating to share transactions.
- Complete minute book reviews and identify and correct deficiencies.
- Prepare internal and external communication.
- Provide our clients with the highest standard of service.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Demonstrated Skills:
- Proactive, reliable, independent, highly organized, and detail oriented.
- Legal assistant certificate or diploma is preferred but not necessary.
- Excellent reading comprehension, spelling, grammar and proofreading skills.
- Team player, able to build a positive rapport with other staff and lawyers.
- High level of professionalism, confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet unexpected and sometimes competing deadlines, and exhibit sound judgment.
- Minimum of five years in a corporate services role.
- CORES Level III
- Experience with a corporate database and a document management system.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Target Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: Competitive salary/benefits package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Send your cover letter, including salary expectations, and resume to:
Nerland Lindsey LLP
Jenine Ziolkowski – Manager, Corporate Services
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent