New Brunswick & P.E.I.
The Commissionaires NB & PEI Division is a not-for-profit organization that provides premier security services to Federal, Provincial, Municipal and Commercial clients throughout the Region. Established in 1946, the Division has grown to over 850 full time, part-time and casual members in New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island.
We are proud that we exist to provide meaningful employment to former serving members of the Canadian Forces, RCMP and others who wish to contribute to the security and well-being of Canadians.
Commissionaires NB & PEI Division is currently recruiting for a By Law Officer position in Campbellton, NB.
The Bylaw Officer is responsible for ensuring that the bylaws of the City are properly administered and adhered to and investigating and taking appropriate measures with non-compliance. This position is for 32 hours per week and some flexibility of hours may be required.
Tasks and Responsibilities include:
Desired Qualifications & Skills:
- Enforce multiple bylaws (including Parking and Traffic, Streets and Sidewalks, Animal Control, Building, Zoning, Public Parks, etc.)
- Conduct investigations
- Respond to complaints related to bylaw infractions
- Issue appropriate warnings/penalties for bylaw violation
- Assist in the preparation of/recommend changes to bylaws when required
- Training and/or education in policing program or equivalent experience
- Bilingualism (French and English) is essential
- Experience working in bylaw enforcement or a similar field
- Computer literacy with aptitude to learn job-specific programs
- The position requires a high level of physical fitness as the incumbent may be required to walk long distances and work in all types of environmental conditions.
- Demonstrated sound judgement and problem solving skills
- Ability to react quickly and appropriately in shifting situations
- Excellent customer service skills
- Current drivers’ license
The incumbent will be required to become conversant with the bylaw rules and regulations for the City of Campbellton. The successful candidate must be able to pass all clearance requirements and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
If you would enjoy working with our team of committed professionals, please use the online application.
As an equal opportunity employer, Canadian Corps of Commissionaires N.B. & P.E.I. Division, Inc. is committed to achieving a competent and committed workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population.