Our client is a leading supplier of building materials offering a wide range of solutions for commercial, residential, and industrial projects in British Columbia.
They are currently in need of a Sales/Operations Manager who will be responsible for overseeing the South Cariboo location staff (hiring/firing/training/mentoring) while prospecting for new business opportunities with BC general contractors.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in the building materials industry and a deep understanding of the general contractors world.
The company offers advancement opportunities on a financial, personal and career level. In fact, this position is expected to grow into a General Manager role after a year or so.
- Manage all personnel including hiring, training, discipline, scheduling, delegating, etc.
- Manage and improve storewide systems (e.g. sales, safety, buying, training, etc.).
- Develop an outside contractor sales program.
- Manage merchandising, sales, flyer program, special events, and other marketing tasks, etc.
- Work with management/buying team regarding seasonal planning and buying programs.
- Promote company’s products and increase company’s revenue within the South Cariboo area and eventually throughout BC.
- Keep track of sales and operations activities.
- Previous experience in the building materials industry as well as supervising teams.
- Successful record of meeting sales goals and managing accounts.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with general contractors.
- Ability to use a CRM platform.
- Strong organizational and communications skills and attention to details.
- Self-motivated, driven, professional individual with an energetic personality.
- Ability to identify and solve problems.
- Valid driver’s license
Reference ID: 6675
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company car
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- building materials industry as well as supervising teams: 2 years (preferred)
- build/maintain strong relationships with general contractors: 2 years (preferred)
- Driving Licence (preferred)