Why join this company?
- Full time salaried position
- Growing company that offers you the opportunity be a leader in change
- Fun, family-oriented management staff
Responsibilities/Duties of a Dispatch Operator:
- You will be s providing route planning and instructions to your team and drivers.
- You will ensure paperwork matches for drivers, trucks and trailers based on loading requirements.
- You will need to update the computer system with any changes and be in communication with a team of dispatchers ensuring paperwork matches based upon loading requirements.
- Optimization of trailer loads will be required so strategy is key in this role.
- Forecasting and pre-planning for next days’ operation by having a strong daily plan.
- Schedule and dispatch drivers to pick up and deliver loads to and from customers
- Be the reliable point of contact for the drivers to successfully balance the driver’s health and safety with customer requirements
- Assist in achieving the objectives of the pick-up and drop-off (P&D) operations, such as % on-time delivery, stops per hour
- Manage on time performance of deliveries
- Bring to the attention of the Driver/ Warehouse Management team any driver problems impacting the operation (P&D or Dock)
- Plan the P&D activities and staffing required to meet the objectives (and to advise the Driver Trainer of the requirements)
- Ensure drivers are made aware of all appointment deliveries, cash collects and C.O.D.’s
- Prioritize and assign pickups to drivers to ensure maximum efficiency
- Be familiar with all P&D routes and any problem areas
- Ensure all appointment freight is brought to the attention of the AM Dock Supervisor and is loaded in a way to ensure on time delivery
- Monitor and track all equipment as assigned or moved
- Perform driver checkout as required
- Assist drivers in resolving any conflicts in a professional manner
- Ensure all updates in our internal system are done in real time for statuses of all trucks and trailers.
- Any other related duties that are assigned
Qualifications of a Dispatch Operator:
- 2-5+ years in transportation industry relating to container and highway dispatch
- Excellent customer service skills verbal and written in English language
- Proficiency in Punjabi/Hindi is a strong asset
- Proficiency with computer software programs.
- A personable approach and strong communication skills are required as you will be working with a small team of dispatchers, and management team to share ideas and information.
- Ability to lead your team of drivers and encourage and engage them in respectful manner.
- A great attitude and someone who really enjoys the role of dispatch is required for this position.
- Dispatch course from AVAAL TECHNOLOGY SOLUTION guarantees a job position at Ingrid Transport.
- Must have complete knowledge of software's such as MS OFFICE, LOADLINK, PCMILER, ETC.
You should be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while keeping on task.
- Criminal background check will be conducted upon hire.
If you love this industry and want to work for a great company where you can be part of a positive work environment, please click on the link and apply today with your resume.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 /hour
- dispatch: 2 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)