***Must be available every weekend***
The incumbent coordinates activities of the Patient Care Unit under the direction of the Head Nurse or his/her delegate. He/she facilitates the effective functioning of the clinical unit by efficiently performing a variety of clerical duties. The incumbent also maintains effective communication (verbal/written) amongst all health care professionals and patients/families in order to accomplish these outcomes.
- Follows the Hospital Code of Confidentiality.
- Answers telephone and screens calls appropriately.
- Conveys appropriate information to families and visitors.
- Answers patients' intercom and transmits messages appropriately.
- Establishes a telephone communication system for messages.
- Books patient appointments, tests and contacts physician about admissions and consultation requests.
- Records "stat" results and relays them to nurse and/or physician immediately.
- Notifies Nursing Resource Center secretary to book or cancel hospital hired sitters/companions. (After discussion with head nurse or delegate).
- Provides information to patient/families for hiring of private duty employees, as required.
- Initiates patient's chart on admission. Follows any other unit specific procedure for admissions.
- Checks and ensures that initial consent forms are signed.
- Checks charts in preparing for transfer to another unit. Notifies receiving unit agent of any omissions/ problems.
- Checks charts for completion on discharge and sends it and any old charts to Medical Records.
- Checks charts for completion on deaths and sends to Admitting Office.
- Checks address-o-graph plates, upon reception, for errors. If any errors, notifies the Admitting Office immediately.
- Files all results into charts in chronological order.
- Prepares charts in proper order, pre and post surgery or tests.
- Stamps and adds new sheets to charts and order books if the need arises.
- Notifies Admitting Office regarding transfers, discharges and deaths and ensures that necessary forms have been completed.
- Keeps a record of admissions, transfers and discharge.
- Coordinates patient transport.
- Ensures that specimens are sent to the appropriate laboratories.
- Participates in payroll related activities, as requested.
- Makes up new charts.
- Understands budget principles and performs his/her duties in a cost efficient manner.
- Maintains inventory management at a satisfactory level.
- Ensures that supplies are put away and cupboards are clean and tidy.
- Makes a periodical inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Keeps a record of equipment borrowed from or loaned to another department.
- Reports any non-functioning equipment to appropriate personnel.
- Organizes transfers and ensures communication with other hospitals.
- Keep update unit statistics registry.
- Organizes follow-up examinations
- Performs other responsibilities as requested by Head Nurse or his/her delegate.
- High School Diploma
- Office automation training, an asset
- 2-3 years related hospital experience, an asset
- Bilingual in both English and French, oral and written
- Computer skills
- Available week-ends, and evenings.
We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If your work experience has changed since your last visit, be sure to attach your resume to assert your entire career path.
If you are applying for a mobile device (smartphone, tablet), you will receive an acknowledgment email asking you to go update your CV for your application to be considered.
Password Strength Info
Uploaded files: % () Total files:Uploading file:Elapsed time: Estimated time: