Summary: The goal of the Mechanical Engineer is to learn the USNR Engineering system, our methods of design, become efficient in Solid Works and AutoCAD, and to help assure the design and performance of the products they are assigned meet the minimum expectations of USNR and its customers from a technical, engineering point of view.
The position is located in Salmon Arm, BC
Characteristics of position:
· Reports to Mechanical Engineering Manager & Team Leader.
· Responsible for the design work and modeling on products they are assigned.
· Estimated proportion of duties: 95% Cad work in detailed design or system layout, 5% design, computation, and engineering analysis.
· Some travel is required as determined by specific projects.
· Learn the USNR Engineering system and become efficient in Solid Works and AutoCAD.
· Design machinery to help assure performance expectations are met on assigned products.
· Perform and/or review fundamental calculations to assure designs are “well-engineered”. Example HP calculations, power transmission component design and sizing, and fluid power components.
· Work with Mechanical Engineering Manager and Team Leader in product design and participate in targeted design programs including new product development, value engineering, and design for manufacture.
· Review designs to assure they adhere to established standards.
· Work with Service Department on start-ups and help resolve any field problems that may arise.
· Work with Project Coordinator to facilitate customer needs on specific projects.
· Provide Customer service support through troubleshooting, failure analysis, etc. during both the startup phase of projects and during the subsequent service life of the system.
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
· Working knowledge of cad systems. Preferably AutoCAD and Solidworks.
· Basic understanding of fluid power systems, pneumatic systems, and PLC control systems preferred.
· Ability to work either independently or in a team environment essential.
Ability to effectively communicate design ideas and engineering concepts essential
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday