The Co-operative Retailing System (CRS) is a unique, multi-billion dollar organization based on the fundamental principles of co-operation. It is comprised of a network of approximately 190 autonomous retail co-operatives across Western Canada along with their branch operations, and Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL). FCL is the wholesaling/manufacturing arm of the CRS, which provides the retail co-ops with a range of products and services. Wynyard Co-op invites applications for the position of Crop Supplies Manager to join the Agro Center team located in Wynyard, Saskatchewan.
Reporting to the Agro Center Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
1. Consult with producers on ag equipment; develop customer relationships; keep up to date with current market trends, product knowledge and best practices. Contribute to leading the Agro team in increasing its market share through growth/new product lines.
2. Prepare, administer, and be responsible for the budgets, sales, margins, expenses, inventory of the ag equipment department.
3. Maintain standards for:
OH & S; Loss prevention & due diligence; Merchandising; Marketing; Team member relations.
4. Participate in leading strategic initiatives within the department.
5. Work cooperatively with the whole Wynyard Coop Agro Team to contribute to the overall success of the ag team business pan and provide exceptional customer service to our members.
- A shared belief in the Wynyard Co-op’s values of: Service, Integrity & Teamwork
- Previous experience in an Equipment Sales/Agro environment and/or experience within the CRS
- Strong working knowledge of the agricultural equipment industry including: bins, augers, fuel tanks, livestock handling, etc.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers
- Carry and encourage a positive outlook on self-development, continuous education and team building strategies and initiatives
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office including outlook and excel
- Self-motivated and flourishes in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrates leadership abilities and a commitment to safety of customers and team members
- Class 5 driver’s license (G endorsement or 1A would be an asset)
At Wynyard Co-op, we strive to strive to provide superior products and knowledge along with excellent customer service. Our mission is to “Work As a Team Striving to Exceed Customer Expectations”. As an employer we offer a comprehensive benefits package for permanent employees.
Please submit a detailed resume and cover letter in confidence to: Agro Center Manager Wynyard Co-op PO Box 1090 Wynyard SK, S0A 4T0 Email: email@example.com Fax: 306-554-4127
Wynyard Co-op would like to thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Competition will remain open until suitable candidate has been selected.
Please Apply Online or submit a detailed résumé in confidence on or before May 21, 2020 to:
Federated Co-operatives Limited (FCL)
Box 1050, Saskatoon, SK S7K 3M9
401 – 22nd Street East, Saskatoon, SK S7K 0H2