Responsible to cut, trim, grind, tie and bone meat to specifications using powered industrial machinery and manual cutting utensils. Other duties include preparation and placement of meats in the display counter to attract customers, the weighing, wrapping and labeling of cuts of meat, totaling sales and packaging customer orders, maintaining and cleaning of the department and managing inventory and ordering new stock. The Butcher/Meat Cutter is also responsible for providing prompt, courteous and knowledgeable service to customers.
- Uses manual cutting utensils, band saw and slicing machine to prepare meats for selling.
- Cuts carcasses, sides and quarters, removes bones from meat and trims and prepares standard cuts of meat.
- Uses sausage machine and salami mixer and cooker.
- Weigh, wrap, package and price cuts of meat.
- Prepare and place cuts of meat in the display case.
- Prepare special cuts of meat for special orders.
- Understand and follow all Food Safety guidelines, procedures and requirements.
- Oversee and undertake thorough cleaning and inspection of all cutting, packaging and display materials, tools, surfaces and the general cleaning of the meat department.
- Maintain a high level of customer service.
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge.
- Work in partnership with Meat Manager and other employees to maximize store sales and in-store presence.
- Maintain a professional appearance, demeanor and attitude at all times.
- Needs to be available to work flexible shifts including evenings and weekends.
- Perform other duties as required by management to meet business needs.
Skills & Knowledge:
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent preferred.
- At least 1-3 years of experience as a Butcher/Meat Cutter required.
- Strong knowledge of Food Safety guidelines, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Can you please provide your Postal Code.
- Are you looking for Full-Time or Part-Time Employment?
Work Location: One location