Position Number: 50066104
Hours of Work: Temporary, Full-Time Position; Days (December 2022 - January 2024)
Rate of Pay: $40.00 - $50.97 per hour
Union: OPSEU 4106 Non-Central
Location: Hotel Dieu Hospital Site
The Audiologist provides services in a manner consistent with Kingston Health Sciences Centre’s Mission, Vision and Values and that reflects the core values of Patient and Family Centred Care (dignity, respect, information sharing, participation, and collaboration); practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice and ethical values as defined by the College of Audiologists and Speech Language Pathologists of Ontario regulatory body; functions principally to assess and treat persons with hearing disorders; works independently or in consultation with other professionals involved in the overall care of persons with auditory disorders; supervises /mentors technicians, students and new clinical staff; participates in service and hospital-wide activities and programs that model and promote a safe and healthy patient-centered environment and that contribute to quality improvement and risk management initiatives.
- Master’s Degree in Audiology
- Registered Member of the College of Speech Language Pathology and Audiology of Ontario (CASLPO)
- Authorizer with ADP
- Current First Aid and BCLS at the Health Care Provider level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior judgement and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
- Proven good attendance
- Satisfactory criminal reference check and vulnerable sector search required.
- 1 year related experience
- Dispensing experience
- Proficiency in speaking and comprehending both English and French
The incumbent will be required to meet the physical demands as described for the area of work.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Kingston Health Sciences Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices.
If you require an accommodation to fully participate in the hiring process, please notify the Recruitment Team.