WHO YOU ARE
- Your leadership inspires, clarifies, unleashes entrepreneurs, creates customer
value, builds strong relationships and is collaborative
- You are a true People advocate with a strong passion for co-worker relations,
recruitment, talent development and forecasting.
- You are a strategist with the ability to be tactical and operational when necessary.
- You are experienced in managing, coaching and developing influential teams.
- You are an energetic, innovative and entrepreneurial self-starter who is
comfortable running a business
- You lead with heart and can provide direction and stability for our Co-workers
- You know what it’s like to work in a matrix organization that requires you to work
with multiple internal and external stakeholders from various functions and units.
- You know how to engage with them, collaborate with them and
move the business forward as a result.
- You can be depended upon to act with a high level of professional and moral
integrity, especially when dealing with sensitive and confidential issues.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of Human Resources experience
- You have a minimum of 2 years in a direct leadership role
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
- People are at the heart of our business. We create a better everyday life
together by living our shared values and safeguarding our unique culture. The
IKEA P&C Manager is instrumental in making this happen by leading the local
implementation of our People Strategies.
- You will be a Business Partner for your Unit Manager and your other leadership
colleagues, collaborating with them on all people-related issues.
- Help lead the entire business as an active and influential member of the unit’s
strategic leadership team (your unit’s Steering Group).
- Lead and develop your local P&C team and encouraging them to build strong
relationships throughout your unit.
- Focus on providing an excellent co-worker experience in your unit, including
championing internal career growth and our many and varied development
- Champion training, mentoring, coaching, forecasting and succession planning.
- Ensure that our national People strategy, is implemented and lives in your unit.
- Support and help drive the recruitment process in your unit by partnering with your Unit Hiring Managers and our Centralized Recruitment team.
- Implement our Co-worker Relations Plan by managing all local interactions with our co-workers, ensuring we uphold our labour relations principles and abide by local policies, procedures, regulations and laws.
- Demonstrate yourself, and encourage and train in others, a high level of problem solving, mediation and counseling skills.
- Meet financial goals by monitoring, analyzing and acting upon key P&C performance indicators.
- Regularly communicate and partner with your Market P&C Manager on escalated issues as well as regional initiatives and programs
- Lead Equality, Diversity & Inclusion and work-life balance initiatives in your unit.
- Support Health & Safety compliance, improvements and programs.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
IKEA is all about people, and our team make sure to bring the best people on board to keep our strong spirit of togetherness. We believe that different experiences and backgrounds collectively make us wiser and stronger, and we ensure that our co-
workers bloom into their best selves as they contribute to our business.
JUST SO YOU KNOW
In the IKEA world, this position is referred to as:
Unit People & Culture Manager
This position requires the submission of a satisfactory criminal record check. A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position.