Number of Positions:
Manager, HR Service Hub
The City of Mississauga’s Human Resource Division is looking forward to welcoming a team member who will help transform the face of customer service by leading the HR Service Hub; the ideal candidate has a passion for providing exemplary customer service, with strong leadership, interpersonal and collaboration skills along and a commitment to continuous improvement and performance measurement. A background in Human Resources and project management is an asset. Human Resources at the City of Mississauga is a dedicated, passionate and customer focused team serving over 7,000 employees delivering programs and services to our clients, and the work of the HR Service Hub is critical to supporting the business, line managers and employees in all things HR.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Senior Manager, Total Rewards the Manager will be responsible for:
- Leading the design and implementation of a modernized and enhanced customer experience to our employees
- Influencing HR stakeholders to optimize and improve employees’, managers’ and colleagues’ experience with the Service Hub team
- Partnering with Centres of Excellence (COE) across HR to: Ensure a seamless and customer focused approach to HR programs delivered by the Service Hub while adhering to service level agreements
- Understand, analyze and share customer experiences and trends with COEs to identify opportunities for process / policy / procedure improvements, standardization, efficiency and enhancement of programs and services delivered through the Service Hub
- Design and implement evolved reporting, dashboards and tracking channels to provide insight on service delivery;
- Accountable for the effective and accurate delivery of administrative processes;
- Evaluate and establish, where necessary, customer service standards; develop / review operating policies and procedures to ensure that services are consistent with overall human resources objectives and best practices.
- Lead, coach and develop the HR Service Hub team to deliver superior results for clients; inspire ideas, ownership, process improvement and passion for providing solution focused customer service
- Responsible for data integrity of master data in HRIS, file interfaces etc.; identify system issues and work closely with external providers and internal stakeholders to ensure optimal usage of system functionality
- Serve as the point of escalation to resolve long-standing or complex cases raised through the HR Service Hub Team, HR stakeholders or city wide senior leaders
- Manage and deliver on strategic initiatives / projects to enhance customer service and processing including implementation of technology for the Service Hub (knowledge base, monitoring dashboards, etc.)
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience which could be a combination of working with HR related policies, procedures / functions, customer service, HRIS and project management
- A solid understanding of HR processes, best practices and systems specifically SAP and SuccessFactors
- Experience in leading, coaching and developing a team (min 3 years)
- Experience in project management (min 3 years)
- Ability to manage diverse stakeholders and create a strong customer centric culture within Service Hub
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to prioritize business requirements appropriately through a collaborative partnership approach
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, customer service and relationship building skills including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel)
- Experience working as a part of cross functional team
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Bachelor’s Degree
$ 87,715.00 - $ 116,955.00
Hours of Work:
201 City Centre Drive
CPS/Corporate Services Dept , CPS/HR Division , Total Rewards
A Criminal Record Search will be required of the successful candidate, their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can also check your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.