We offer the opportunity to work with Canada’s largest Information Technology Outsourcing and Management Consulting Company with a true global presence in a fast-paced and energetic atmosphere where your personal and professional growth is accelerated by your desire and sense of commitment. CGI’s continuous growth is a testament to the confidence clients place in them and to the dedication of their professionals. At CGI, all employees are called members because they feel a powerful sense of ownership and accountability. Members at CGI are building their own company – in 100+ offices worldwide. CGI has the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for clients – and for members; that’s why an astounding 90 percent of them are CGI shareholders.
We are looking for a Payments Architect to join our team. We expect you to have great technical skills but as important, we are looking for someone who can develop a creative solution to a problem by applying critical thinking and past experience. Your role is only limited by your potential.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- You will be architecting the next generation payments systems for our client to redevelop their enterprise payments capabilities in support of Retail, Commercial and Wholesale customers.
- You will demonstrate a high degree of collaboration with business, strategy, operations, architecture, and delivery teams in the areas of real-time payments, digital payments, microservices and APIs.
- Develop and Socialize end-to-end solution for Payment initiatives based on strong collaboration with business and technology leaders with alignment to enterprise architecture, technology standards and industry best practices.
- Influence decision making and facilitate teams with multiple stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship, including contributing to knowledge within the architecture community.
- Proactively drive rationalization of competing interests and achieve consensus on contentious issues.
- Establish and maintain effective partnerships and relationships within our clients’ business domains.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and aggressive deliverables and take a leadership role in moving initiatives forward and removing obstacles.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Total IT experience of at least 15 years out of which a minimum of 5 years developing Application or Solutions Architectures on large complex projects.
- Experience in developing and implementing domain APIs.
- Advanced knowledge on different architecture/design techniques (e.g. Integration patterns, component-based design), data integration, security integration and infrastructure with a broad technical knowledge on integration and messaging technologies including batch, synchronous, asynchronous technologies.
- Advanced knowledge on different architecture/design techniques (e.g. SOA/Microservices, REST/SOAP, Cloud Native applications, Event-Driven Architecture, Orchestration/Choreography, Data Pipelines), modern technology platforms (e.g. Kafka, Websphere MQ/IIB, Rabbit MQ, RBDMS, NoSQL, Hadoop, etc.), and legacy mainframe.
- Payment domain knowledge in different types of payments would be a strong asset.
- Experience in different payment schemes including ISO 20022 and experience in developing payment use cases for B2C, C2B, B2B and C2C is an asset.
- Hands-on development experience on microservices, Cloud, and DevOps is an asset.
- Ability to adapt to constant changes with a positive attitude. Sense of innovation, creativity, organization, autonomy and quick adaptation to various technologies.
- Capable and eager to work under minimal direction in fast-paced energetic environment, managing multiple projects and priorities at once.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a critical eye for detail.
- Ability to see the big picture.
- Able to multitask effectively.
- Have excellent time management, task planning and prioritization skills.
- Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements.
- Enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization.
- Excellent ability to build strong relationships with clients and team members.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and share your knowledge within CGI and with the broader community.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.