invites applications from qualified internal and external candidates for
Permanent part time teacher
Marymount Academy and St. Charles College
Teaching Intermediate Native as a Second Language at 0.67 FTE (semester 2)
1 section in the morning and 1 section in the afternoon, Monday to Friday)
Join our dynamic team of educators and embrace our longstanding tradition of quality, faith-based education. We are dedicated to realizing each student’s potential within our inclusive Catholic learning community by nurturing and developing their mind, body, and spirit. Our 13 elementary schools, 3 grades 7 to 12 schools, one Secondary schools and an adult learning center enjoy a vibrant partnership with parents, parishes, staff and the community to help all of our students achieve their full potential and experience success.
This position is being posted subsequent to the posting and hiring process outlined in Article 17.1.4 The Hiring of Occasional Teachers to Permanent Teaching Positions, found in the Central Terms of the Board’s collective agreement with OECTA, which is found on the Board’s website. This position would start the February 3, 2020.
- Current member in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers
- Basic Qualifications in Intermediate
- Native as a Second Language (NSL)
- Religious Education Part 1 (or commitment to obtain within first 24 months of employ)
- Must be fluent in Ojibwe, both oral and written
- Excellent English language communication skills, both oral and written
- Sound knowledge of evidence-based assessment practices
- A commitment to supporting the use of technology in instruction and learning, and to promoting an environment of innovation and creativity that engages the 21st century learner
- Working knowledge of the IPRC process and the IEP, as they relate to planning and program
- Knowledge, experience and proven ability in utilizing differentiated instructional approaches within the classroom that support effective instruction and engage students
- An ability to implement a shared vision consistent with the principles of Catholic Education and integrating the Catholic School Graduate Expectations within the curriculum
- Flexibility to be assigned in other subject/grades as the need arises
- A willingness to participate in the school’s ongoing literacy and numeracy initiatives
- Proven ability to implement effective classroom management strategies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with students, staff, and parents
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to provide regular attendance
- Knowledge of current Ministry initiatives
Consideration will be given only to teachers who currently have the required qualifications. This position could be altered as a result of changes in enrolment and/or organization. Applications must be received by the Human Resources Department no later than 8:00 AM, January 28, 2020.
For external candidates, please apply via sudburycatholicschools.simplication.com and submit a completed Catholic Teacher Application found on our website www.sudburycatholicschools.ca.
Please note the conditions of employment:
the completion of a criminal background check, Vulnerable Sector Check, satisfactory to the Board that is completed within 6 months prior to employment; as well as the Certificate of completion for the Ministry of Labour Worker Health and Safety Awareness Training in 4 Steps (available on-line).
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is being collected under the authority of the Education Act and will be used for employee recruitment and selection purposes. For questions about collection of information, please contact the Human Resources Department at (705) 673-5620.
All applicants are thanked for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require a disability related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, have questions or concerns about this collection of information, or with submitting your application, please do not hesitate to call Human Resources at (705) 673-5620.
Thank you for your interest in Sudbury Catholic Schools.
Joanne Bénard Michael Bellmore
Director of Education Chair of the Board