We are looking for a Medical administrative assistant to organize our medical facility’s functions. You will support day-to-day operations by performing administrative tasks and ensuring high quality customer service for our patients.
As a Medical administrative assistant, you will perform various tasks on a daily basis. So, you should be able to multitask and prioritize. We also expect you to handle sensitive information confidentially. If you are able to combine exceptional communication skills with an ability to perform ‘behind the scenes’ tasks, we would like to meet you.
Ultimately, you should be able to ensure our medical facility’s smooth operation by accurately completing administrative tasks in a timely manner.
- Interview patients for case histories prior to appointments
- Update and maintain patients’ health records
- Assist patients with initial paperwork
- Schedule and coordinate appointments
- Process insurance claims in compliance with law requirements
- Use medical software to support all transactions
- Manage receivable and payable accounts and maintain financial records
- Answer patients’ queries and ensure quality customer service
- Collaborate with doctors and nurses to help with medical examinations, schedule tests and order supplies
- Ensure compliance with procedures
- Keep up-to-date with changes in medical and insurance legislation
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 25 per week
Salary: $15.50-$18.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Milton, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person