Who are we?
From our humble beginnings, we have grown to a group of 200 people spanning the globe from our headquarters in Canada to our offices in Dublin, Manila, and Seoul.
Specializing in investments, consulting and marketing, NSUS has been an integral part of the launch of several highly successful ventures, such as GGPoker, 2ACE, SlotsVenture, just to name a few.
These brands are quickly turning into market leaders in the iGaming industry, providing fun and entertainment to millions of players around the world. We are always on the lookout for passionate, creative, and dedicated people.
We are seeking an ambitious Compliance Officer to join our team in Toronto, Canada. You will be responsible for all aspects of compliance across the organisation. As the GGPoker brand operates in a number of different jurisdictions, responsibilities include maintaining awareness of the regulatory requirements in different countries and liaising with regulatory bodies to ensure compliance.
What you must be able to do:
- Maintain, optimise and stay abreast of all iGaming compliance regulations, as well as accepted business practices/standards, and internal business decisions, for the Company’s operations
- Be in direct contact with regulatory bodies and legislative external stakeholders (including the UK Gambling Commission, the Malta Gaming Authority and others) in order to ensure that the business is operating in a fully compliant manner
- Work with various authorities to submit regulatory returns and conduct ongoing internal reviews and audits of the B2C and B2B operations of the Company, identifying regulatory vulnerabilities across all policies, procedures and systems in place
- Implement appropriate developments and amendments to existing policies, procedures and systems as well as regularly reporting to senior management
- Work closely alongside all internal departments such as Customer Support, Finance, Marketing, Operations, and Payments in order to ensure the product offering complies with legislation set out by the regulatory bodies. These teams are likely to have daily ad-hoc questions so the candidate should feel confident to assist the teams to reach compliant conclusions together
- Maintain the Company’s business risk assessments
What you must have:
- 2+ years’ experience in a compliance-orientated role in the iGaming industry
- Prepare and manage license applications for additional products and jurisdictions
- Experience dealing with a range of different governing bodies and regulators including the UK Gambling Commission and the Malta Gaming Authority
- Experience in working with a range of internal stakeholders such as Finance, Marketing, Operations, Payments etc...
- Experience in handling internal reporting and audits and providing findings reports to senior management as well as external regulatory bodies
- A strong communicator able to defend and implement compliance processes against commercial interests
What we’d like you to have:
- Passion for online gaming, including poker, casino, sports betting (or at the very least be interested to learn about them) and knowledge of the online gaming industry
- Experience in preparing for regulation in European markets
- Fluency in a second language (Portuguese, Spanish, German, French, Korean...)
Note that a visa/sponsorship will be considered depending on the applicants’ profile and experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming workplace for all. NSUS is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, NSUS will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during
the recruitment process.
Reference ID: TOR-COMP1
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $80,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year