Sky Windows: Project Manager Role
Sky Windows is excited to welcome a new Project Manager to the team to take on exciting new projects in the Lower Mainland, BC.
Sky Windows is a long standing local commercial glazing company offering customized solutions to customers from small projects to massive institutional projects. With 17 years under our belt, we have crews of up to 20+ with a team focused on customer service, responsiveness & efficiency. You will have the opportunity to take on a variety of challenging projects.
With an environment which empowers individuals thrive with a macro management approach requires a person who is a self-starter, maintains high ownership over their work & can overcome many incoming challenges at any given time. The successful candidate will be able to learn of the fly by working with the experienced management team which values collaboration & bringing quality to their clientele.
Responsibilities of the Project Manager include:
- To be the primary point of contact for any appointed projects and manage all aspects from start to finish including client relations, proposal writing, and sending out invoice and making sure the projects does not go over budget. Manage crew up to 30 people, and coordinate with all suppliers.
- Review of all contracts, specifications, addendums, drawings and correspondence to be able to efficiently plan and execute the project’s scope of work.
- Submit any clarifications or RFI’s pertaining to any concerns pertaining to the project.
- Engage in planning and executing work procedures.
- Inspect work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and adheres to construction schedules
- Coordinate with Estimators to price all changes in the scope of work and follow up on the receipt of approved Change Orders prior to proceeding with the work.
- Coordinate with manufacturing division to ensure product is scheduled for fabrication
- Coordinate with shipping department to ensure materials are delivered to the customers
- Prepare and complete monthly cost reports and schedule of values for each project
- Approve close out of projects and ensure all invoices have been issued
- Gather and submit warranty documentation
- Engage in planning and executing work procedures; interpret specifications, coordinate various phases of construction to prevent delays, review change orders to ensure additional work is properly completed, as well as Inspecting work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and adheres to construction schedules & project scope
- Prepare or work with the assigned estimator to complete takeoffs/estimates of probable costs of materials, labour and equipment, including attending all pre-tender site meetings as required
- Coordinate with design team through planning, and development of practical technical details, ensuring the timely submission and review of fabrication drawings and materials for approval
- Monitor the development of project working budgets and financial progress on a monthly basis, including and not limited to the preparation of monthly progress payment claims, and valuations within a timely manner
- Ensure the protection of the company by documenting any/ all key discussions in writing including and not limited to changes in drawings, costing, and all other aspects that may have an impact on the project
Skills/Qualifications of the Project Manager include:
- 2+ years’ experience as a Project Manager or Junior PM or 5 years’ experience in a Project Coordinator role in a Commercial Glass/Windows environment
- Knowledge of Commercial Construction Process, Procedures & Environment
- Experience with curtain wall / glazing systems
- Education in a civil engineering / building science program or a related educational field
- Proficiency in MS office package, including MS Project
- Proficiency in AutoCAD 2D and 3D is considered an asset
- Highly motivated with strong organizational, analytical, problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a team environment
- Strong blueprint reading skills
Junior (1-3 years of experience) $60K
Senior (3-10 years of experience) $80K
Super Senior (10+ years) $100K
Bonus based on results
Full benefits after 3 months trial period, funds for ongoing training and development. Regular team building activities at SkyWindows.
- Extended health care
- Bonus scheme
- On-site parking
- Vacation & paid time off
- Education reimbursement
- Company car
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $80,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- project management: 1 year (Preferred)
- commercial glass glazing: 1 year (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)