The Dishwasher is responsible for the maintenance and hygienic cleaning of all restaurant tools, china and glassware. In addition, the dishwasher is charged with ensuring all refuse and disposal areas are maintained in a safe and hygienic manner.
- Gather all dirty dishes, rinse and stack in dish racks, clearing dishes of leftovers and trash in order to prepare for automated washing.
- Operate dish-washing machine, loading dish-washing solutions into automatic dispensers and regulate water temperature, output of detergents and chemicals
- Inspect dishes for cleanliness and place clean dishes carefully in assigned storage location, scrubbing pots, pans and other kitchen equipment that cannot be washed automatically
- Polish all silver, stainless steel and related tableware used in food service
- Clean designated equipment, dispose of kitchen substances (such as grease) and kitchen chemicals properly, empty and clean trash cans, transport garbage containers to dump sites and adhere to recycling regulations
- Clean kitchen floor at the end of each meal period and after each spill, clean and organize associated work area and kitchen equipment according to procedures to maximize efficiency and safety
- Assist with general kitchen prep duties, banquet or other setups
- Handles restaurant waste collection and disposal
- Follows recycling policies and procedures
- Always work in a cost-efficient and safe manner
- Set the example of being professional at all times
- Maintain and ensure teamwork and good work ethics with your colleagues and all other departments
- Works closely and cooperates with superiors, colleagues and subordinates in order to achieve the highest possible guest satisfaction from the products served.
- Report any accidents to guests, co-workers or yourself immediately to management.
- To be Health & Safety conscious and actively involved in maintaining a safe work environment.
- Complies with Port Cunnington Lodge policies, procedures and code of ethics.
- Awareness and involvement in WHIMIS, and health & safety committee.
- Complete other assigned responsibilities as required
Education: High school diploma English competence, written & spoken
Experience: Previous experience in a fast-paced restaurant or kitchen setting
Skills: Able to interact and communicate with all departments Ability to work both independently and in a team environment Ability to lift over 20lbs Flexibility to work a varity of shifts (including nights, weekends, holidays) Professional appearance in accordance with our standards & policy manual
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25,123.00 to $30,706.00 /year
- dishwasher: 1 year (Preferred)