- Provides support in managing administrative activities and operations for the Health and Wellness team, specifically in managing all the financial administration and invoices resulting from workplace accidents;
- Performs the administration of financial information, in accordance with appropriate standards and policies;
- Receives and processes invoices in the different systems;
- Prepares cheque requests;
- Codes invoices according to the different departments;
- Offers support for purchase orders and follows-up with various external experts;
- Offers support in preparing quarterly financial statements and budgets;
- Opens WCB/CSST files and manages all correspondence;
- Manages the opening, filing, archiving and follow-up system of physical files;
- Provides support in maintaining databases and preparing various types of reports.
- College (CEGEP) diploma in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role within a department or a corporate function.
- Experience in managing financial resources, using appropriate I.T. tools (e.g. Oracle), and applying relevant standards and policies.
- Excellent organizational skills and thoroughness.
- Integrity and confidentiality.
- Team spirit, flexibility and autonomy.
- Excellent knowledge of French and English (written and spoken).
- Good computer skills and interest in learning and using new technologies.
- Good command of the Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Knowledge of Oracle, and invoice processing an asset
- Knowledge of office 360, an asset.
VIA Rail thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. VIA Rail is an employment-equity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. VIA Rail Canada is proud to be a military friendly employer.