Beautiful Life Studios is a high-end, dynamic photography and cinematography studio with locations in Toronto, Vancouver and Miami. At our studios, we get to work with some of the most talented and creative people in the industry while maintaining a fun and laid back environment. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service and products to our clients and we are still growing! If you’re a freelance photographer looking to secure full-time work and build a professional career within a studio, we’d love to hear from you!
We focus on developing the skills of our artists through mentorship and putting them in a position to succeed with a clearly defined career path. We also provide mentorship to our artists in photography, marketing, and sales so that you become the best in all aspects of your career. With regards to the career roadmap, we set a path forward so that you can reach skill, portfolio, and network thresholds that can allow you to become a partner at our studio which includes substantially higher income potential and project variety.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO BEAUTIFUL LIFE STUDIOS:
- You are a new grad, freelancer, or small business owner of photography services with experience in weddings, events or corporate work and are actively seeking a team to work with exclusively.
- You possess both creative and technical knowledge of photography elements which includes but is not limited to advanced use of high-end equipment, creative posing, off-camera flash, use of reflectors etc.
- You are a natural leader and easily direct people to capture the best shots possible.
- You are a client service oriented person with a great attitude and the ability to interact with all types of people in a polished and professional manner.
- Can perform successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- You are technically sound with the use of your gear.
- You have a creative flair for photography.
- Experience editing in Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Reliable and easy to work with.
- Fun and adaptable!
- 40 hours per week
- Monday - Friday flexible schedule.
- During wedding season (May to October), you will be required to shoot most weekends. Your weekday hours will be adjusted to accommodate the hours you shoot on the weekend.
REQUIRED EQUIPMENT: You must have your own vehicle.
- Camera: Canon 5D Mark iii, Nikon D800, Sony a7r or equivalent/better
- Minimum Backup Camera: Canon 60d T3i or equivalent/better
- Lighting: Two Canon 480EX or equivalent/better
- Lenses: One sharp wide angle lens (24-70, 16-35 etc.), 70-200mm f2.8 and one fast prime (example 85mm 1.4)
- Accessories: Extra batteries, storage media, laptop, etc.
- You have your own vehicle.
WHAT BEAUTIFUL LIFE STUDIOS WILL BRING TO YOU:
- You will get to contribute to our studio as a core member of our team and earn an annual income starting at 40-55k depending on qualifications.
- Growth opportunities! Our Company is expanding and we need the talent to support our growth. This means the opportunity to explore creatively and professionally is within your reach!
- In the coming months, we will be launching a new creative division to give our photographers the opportunity to shoot in other industries (advertising, creative, corporate).
- We occasionally have fur-babies come to the office.
- Please send us your professional resume, a link to your personal portfolio and social media accounts. Ie: Instagram / Facebook
- A list of your available equipment.*
- We get hundreds of applications so If you are serious about this position, a 1-2 minute introduction video about who you are and why you believe you are a good fit for this position will much better demonstrate your interest/dedication and ensure you get seen. *
Job Type: Full-time
- wedding photography: 2 years (Preferred)