Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
As an Evening Nurse Supervisor, you will be an integral part of a collaborative, inter-disciplinary team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers while providing after-hours clinical and operational leadership support to the Hospital. You’ll be responsible for the management of resources for practice, patient safety, occupational health and safety and the delivery of efficient and effective client care.
If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
What you'll be doing
- Provide support, guidance, and education to support care delivery in a manner consistent with the principles, policies and best practices of Homewood
- Coordinate after hours response to crisis and emergencies and support the initial investigations
- Address issues that arise among clients, staff, families and other stakeholders related to client care
- Provide continuity in management, care and services and maintain communication with Unit Managers, Operations Leaders, notifying Senior Admin on call of urgent matters
- Where necessary, make decisions regarding best utilization of resources throughout the hospital
What we're looking for
- Current CNO Certification as Registered Nurse
- Certificate in Mental Health Nursing; Canadian CPMHN (c) preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or Diploma combined with several years of clinical experience
- Health Management Diploma or progressive management related education is required
- Demonstrated experience working with patients who have a broad range of psychiatric and addiction diagnoses, many of which are chronic
- Self-directed, independent decision maker with excellent organizational skills
- Sound clinical judgment based on current practices and client-centered care
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to actively listen, problem solve and negotiate
- Excellent computer skills, having worked with a number of systems and software applications, are essential
- Experience supervising both non-union and unionized staff
- Understand principles of health and safety in the workplace and promote same
- CPR, First Aid, suicide prevention training; HART training (Homewood Aggression Response Training) will be required and provided
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada’s largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
We offer a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, professional development opportunities and promote a psychologically healthy workplace.
Employment Equity & Closing Statement
In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role.
Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.