Sutherland is a government relations and strategic communications consulting firm. Our clients come from a variety of sectors, including large corporations, small businesses, developers, and non-profit organizations. We take pride in creating an atmosphere that encourages collaboration, creativity and pride in the work we do for our clients.
Sutherland is currently looking for an intelligent, team-oriented, self-motivated and individual to join our team. Our ideal candidate has a passion for digital communications and social media, a positive attitude and a can-do spirit. An interest in politics and basic understanding of political systems are certainly an asset.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Assist the Director of Public Relations and Social & Digital Media Specialist with social media, digital marketing and public relations projects;
- Monitor, and report on, online media & conversations around topics of key interest to Sutherland and its clients;
- Assist with creation and sharing of public-facing social media content and communication materials that align with client objectives and messaging through the use of content calendars;
- Monitor client social media channels and report regularly on engagement and activity using analytic tools;
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement across client social media channels;
- Assist with development and measurement of social media and digital marketing campaigns;
- Assist with planning and development of visual content;
- Assist with research on new business and current issues as necessary.
- Strong organizational skills and comfort with a fast-paced environment;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Very strong critical thinking and analytical skills;
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving abilities;
- Proficiency in mainstream social media and analytics services, i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Facebook Ad Manager, YouTube, Instagram, Hootsuite;
- Experience with the Google Drive platform and Microsoft Office programs;
- Must have your own cell phone and personal computer with Microsoft Office programs and internet access;
- Familiarity with Meltwater and/or other social media monitoring services an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent