Glacier Blasting offers rewarding careers to skilled, reliable, and motivated individuals who enjoy meeting new challenges and taking a hands-on approach while working independently or alongside other experienced professionals. We offer training, mentoring and professional development for every employee and support opportunities for your growth and advancement.
We are looking for new team members to fill the positions of Blasting Warehouse Shipper/Receivers for our remote site-based projects in British Columbia and Alberta. Reporting to the Site Management Team, you will be responsible for managing and controlling warehouse inventory, shipping, and receiving and keeping daily records of consumables and tools signed out-description, time of day, quantity and by whom.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Tracking and recording parts and consumables
- Responsible for receiving goods and sorting incoming supplies and materials
- Forecasting and ordering warehouse supplies, as required
- Occasional pick up of items from vendors or designated pick-up locations
- Maintain ordering, shipping, and receiving records
- Reconcile inventories with physical counts
- Wear, and participate in the on-going training of, the required PPE for the project
- Perform housekeeping tasks as necessary to keep the warehouse efficient, tidy, and organized
- 3-4 years previous warehouse experience, preferably project based
- Valid driver’s license and clean abstract, as per company insurance requirements
- Strong team player, self-motivated, proactive thinker, flexible and adaptable
- Must possess basic math and computer skills: Microsoft Excel & Word
- Strong organizational skills, with proven record keeping abilities
- Ability to build positive relationships with vendor and internal point of contacts
- Ability to work within a team and without supervision
- Warehouse and field environment, some high stress situations.
- Remote fly-in camp locations:
- Typical rotation: 3 weeks in and 1 week out, 12-hour days, 6 days per week
- May be required to work outside of normal work hours to meet the needs of the project
- Travel between other Blasting sites, as needed
- Must be willing and able to frequently lift and move packages up to 20kg
- Work will include repetitive bending, lifting, and reaching
Glacier Blasting is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in our recruitment and hiring practices.
Only candidates who are most qualified for the position will be contacted.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
- Casual dress
- Employee assistance program
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Are you legally entitled to work in Canada?
- warehouse: 3 years (preferred)
- drivers license and clean drivers abstract (preferred)