C.R.L. Campbell Construction and Drainage Ltd. is an established and reputable civil and drainage contractor based in the Niagara Peninsula. Our projects involve municipal drainage including storm piping, box culverts, CB, ditching, cross-culverts, SWM ponds & associated systems, pond cleaning, shoreline and creek erosion control, landﬁll remediation and construction, shoreline protection, armour stone installations. The majority of our work is centered in the Niagara Peninsula and the surrounding areas of Haldimand, Hamilton and Burlington.
We are currently seeking an experienced
Construction (Working) Foreman
based out of our Wainfleet, Ontariolocation but willing and able to work out of Haldimand, Hamilton and Burlington
Summary of Role:
The basic function of a Foreman at CRL Campbell Construction & Drainage is to organize project activities including but not limited to:
· Overseeing and directing the daily construction activities on the job site
· Working to make the most productive use of available manpower and equipment on the job site each day
· Providing work assignments for the equipment operators and labourers on his/her crew.
· Ensuring crew compliance with issues related to work specifications, safety, customer service, equipment usage, and productivity.
· Working as an equipment operator or labourer as required
· Provides work assignments best matching skills with the work to be completed.
· Plans workday in advance for crew members. Adheres to job schedule as monitored by the Operations Superintendent.
· Provides the Operation Superintendent with accurately completed paperwork as required.
· Works as an equipment operator or labourer as required.
· Maintains a safe work environment at all times. Provides crew members with necessary guidance in this area.
· Plans the workday so that completion commitments are kept.
· Notifies the Operation Superintendent in a timely manner of any occurrence that might prevent timely completion of work in accordance with specifications.
· Monitors equipment use and ensure that equipment reports are being completed as required.
· Economizes on usage of construction supplies (nothing wasted).
· Appropriately accounts for all company tools and equipment used on a job.
· Maintains a professional appearance in accordance with company dress and appearance policies. Acts professionally at all times.
· Provides adequate leadership for crew members.
· Works to improve the performance of crew members.
· Maintains open lines of communication with crew members.
· Maintains good working relationships with other CRL Campbell Construction & Drainage employees, customers, consultants and subcontractors.
· Appropriately enforces all company policies and procedures.
· Continuously seeks out improvement opportunities.
· Performs any and all other duties as assigned by the Project Coordinator and President.
· Makes the most productive use possible of all field personnel and equipment
· Follows plans and work instructions as provided by the Operation Superintendent.
· Possess a Clean valid license to operate a motor vehicle. Preference given to an AZ license
· Must have the ability to read plans and understand and set grades.
· Must have strong knowledge of safety and Federal and Provincial regulations in this area.
· Basic knowledge of equipment maintenance and repair is required.
· Proficiency with the English language (both oral and written) is required to complete job related paperwork.
· Basic mathematical skills are required
· Good depth perception is important for slopes control and setting grades.
· Physically demanding requiring climbing up on equipment and in and out of ditches or excavation pits.
· Constant exposure to fumes and airborne particles and exposure to outdoor weather conditions in the work environment.
· Visiting to customer locations and visit job sites as required.
· Exposure to moderate to loud noise, depending upon the nature of the work being performed.
· Occasional lifting weight in excess of seventy five pounds.
· Workdays are Monday through Friday for a minimum of ten hours per day. Longer hours may be necessary. Weekend work may be required.
· Hours worked by the Foreman are subject to change at the discretion of the Project Coordinator.
· Monitoring and controlling equipment and man-hours used on the job
· Proper usage of all job site materials and supplies
· Ensuring all work is completed according to specifications
· Maintaining a high degree of safety on the job site
· Effectively communicating with the subcontractors in accordance with the project schedule
· Appropriate rental of equipment for the job site
· Maintaining overall productivity on the job site
· Ensuring adherence to company equipment policies at the job site
· Developing proper work habits/techniques among crew members; including proper maintenance in operating of company equipment.
· Providing work crew members with assignments (has complete authority in this area)
· Ensuring compliance with company policies.
· Successful completion of the essential functions and duties and tasks of this job description
· Fully accountable in following the direction of the Operation Superintendent and/or the Project Coordinator
· High School Diploma.
· Minimum of five years of relevant supervisory experience in construction.
· Must be a capable equipment operator with experience using the following pieces of equipment
- Bulldozers - Loaders
- Excavators - Backhoes
- Gradalls and other production related equipment
· Demonstrated ability to maintain a good communication and professional working relationship superiors and subordinates
· Good leadership skills.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills
· Strong customer orientation
· Strong focus on company Health & Safety and environmental standards on and off the job
· Demonstrated ability to direct the duties of construction staff including but not limited to:
· Equipment Operators
· Truck Drivers, including rental trucks
· Temporary Personnel, such as Flag persons
What We Offer:
· A familial environment to work in
· Extremely competitive wages
· Wage structure based on experience, qualifications and demonstrated ability
· Basic Life insurance plan
· A comprehensive benefits package including dental, prescriptions, chiropractic care, physiotherapy and massage therapy
· Upon completion of a probationary period, participation in a contributory, matching RRSP
HOW TO APPLY
If you possess the necessary skills and experience for this role, please email or fax your resume and covering letter outlining your specific experience in the required areas to;
Email or Fax: (905) 899-3303
Please place the Position Title in the subject line.
CRL Campbell Construction & Drainage Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, CRL Campbell Construction & Drainage Ltd. will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.
CRL Campbell Construction & Drainage Ltd. is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, CRL Campbell Construction & Drainage Ltd. will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $28.00-$30.00 per hour