LH Imports Ltd. is fast growing Vancouver based company that has been in business for over twenty years. We have successfully established a presence across North America as a key distributor of furniture.
We are looking for a passionate, experienced, and motivated Purchasing Specialist who is exceptionally organized to work at our head office in Burnaby. The objective of this role is to ensure the flawless operations of our procurement and maintain flow of inventory. You will work cross-functionally both internally in our organization and with many external suppliers.
If you are a resourceful, driven and self-motivated individual with strong attention to detail, looking to work in an environment that encourages teamwork with people that are equally passionate about their job, then don’t wait and join us today!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze and evaluate inventory levels daily for multiple warehouse locations.
- Place new orders, review and monitor incoming orders.
- Maintain continuous flow of inventory.
- Work with internal teams to ensure consistent and cohesive communication and gather necessary information to place orders with external suppliers.
- Manage supplier relationships through collaboration, negotiation, and accountability.
- Cost management - provide access to the best possible value and assist in achieving financial targets.
- Inflation control and transparency – holds supplier partners accountable to meet or beat relative market inflation rates. Continue to push suppliers for open and transparent agreements for better cost and risk management.
- Industry intel – provide access to new technology, products and programs in our industry
- Negotiate supplier contracts and proposals for special projects
- Provide timely and effective solutions aligned with customers’ needs
Skills & Qualifications
- 2-5 years experience in a Procurement and Supply Chain field, preferably in the furniture industry.
- Degree or Diploma in Business or Supply Chain Management.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to manage many conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience drafting and executing on supplier contracts.
- Sound judgment and the ability to walk through the decision making process.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills, specifically Excel
- Proficiency in Database programs (SAP) is an asset
- Team player – able to be both a leader and also support those around them.
Hours of Work
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Extended Benefits
- Other Perks
Job Type: Full-time
- Purchasing: 2 years (Preferred)