This position reports to the appropriate Vineyard Manager or Supervisor/Crew Leader on site.
The Vineyard Worker looks after all vineyard operations throughout the lifecycle of the vine; from spring pruning to fall harvest.
The successful candidate will be willing and able to work all throughout the Southern Okanagan in towns such as:
- Okanagan Falls
Duties and Responsibilities:
Complete routine viticulture activities under the supervision of Vineyard Manager. Tasks can include but are not limited to:
Participates in vineyard operations for allocated vineyards; including
- Canopy Management; tying, de-suckering, shoot thinning, tucking, shoot positioning, leaf removal, leaf thinning.
- Fruit Management; lateral removal, fruit drop and removal of secondary fruit.
- Harvest; harvest of grapes including manual labour and tractor.
- Hedging; hedging of grape vines using pruners, loppers or tractor.
- Irrigation Management; priming, repairs and blow out of irrigation pipes.
- New Vineyard Installations; preparation of sites and planting of new vines.
- Pest Control; trap/bait placement and maintenance for all vineyard pests.
- Soil Management; removal or additions of fertilizers, compost, cover crops, etc.
- Trellis Maintenance; repairs of nails, wires, posts etc of trellis systems.
- Weed/Grass Control; removal/maintenance of weeds, mowing, mulching and weed whacking.
- Prior vineyard experience
- This is a seasonal, hourly position
- Flexible availability a must, based on tasks to be completed and weather conditions
- Requires operating cell phone
- Driver’s license and own vehicle an asset
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $17.50 /hour
- Vineyard: 1 year (Preferred)