HOUSING MANAGER – JOB POSTING
The Housing Manager will be responsible for leading the day-to-day operations and procedures of the Xaxli’p Housing department.
Primary responsibilities of the Housing Manager includes:
· Invoice, collect and provide receipt of monthly rental fees.
· Ensure all housing files and documentation for each unit are up to date and maintained (tenancy and rental agreements documented on file, records of maintenance, rental and utility payment information etc.)
· Manage the daily operations of the housing units and ensure that any maintenance is completed efficiently and meets operations and maintenance standards
· Ensure that move-in and move-out inspections are carried out in a timely manner and that appropriate documentation is produced and filed correctly for housing rental units
· Ensure that suites are ready for occupancy when new tenants move in
· Ensure that work order requests and all other financial transactions meet accounting procedures
· Organize and facilitate regular visits to each building at least once each quarter to inspect interior common areas, building exteriors and grounds; follows up to ensure any identified maintenance work is carried out.
· Ensure requested maintenance materials and supplies are delivered to the sites in a timely manner.
· Ensure that all buildings and grounds comply with regulations and building codes.
· Ensure that building maintenance work is done and is conducted according to the requirements of warranties and guarantees and/or according to building codes.
· Prepare and manage work orders to address identified housing maintenance problems.
· Oversee contractors on-site, as well as directing the work deficiencies in the work, inspecting the work and resolving.
· Ensure that occupational health and safety standards are met.
· Apply for new housing and housing renovation funding from Funding Agencies such as AANDC, CMHC etc.
· Ensure timely scheduling of contracted annual and ongoing maintenance inspections and servicing.
· Provide monthly reports to the Administrator.
· Keep up to date on current trends in property management, social housing, residential tenancy legislation and other relevant fields and ensures that all managers are informed of such trends.
· Manage annual maintenance budgets.
· Ensure maintenance are efficiently and accurately tracked: rental collection, tenant breaches of the agreements, contractor call outs and transactions, work orders, data entry into various computer systems, building and unit maintenance.
· Ability to address minor repairs an asset
· Experience in new construction and renovation
· Experience working in First Nation Communities
· Valid BC Driver’s License
· Must have a criminal record check and vulnerable record
Job Type: Contract Salary: Based on experience.
Submit a resume and cover letter to:
Elizabeth Wray, Administrator
Via email: admin@xaxli’p.ca
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 /year