Nova Steel Inc.
We are a privately owned Canadian based company with over 40 years of steel processing, manufacturing and distribution expertise. Nova has evolved into a diversified value-added manufacturer of steel products using steel coil as its primary input with presence in Canada, United States, and Mexico.
Our company is growing, and we are currently looking for a full time Health & Safety Coordinator to join our facility located in Woodstock Ontario.
This role will support Health and Safety & 5S Lean manufacturing programs to ensure our commitment to providing a safe and healthy workplace for everyone.
Knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health & Safety Act specifically for manufacturing regulations is mandatory for success in this role.
· Assist with the development, implementation and maintenance of an Environmental Health & Safety management system:
· Coordinate and track training requirements and maintain Master Matrix
· Leads 5S Lean manufacturing strategy
· Maintain H&S compliance systems (e-compliance)
· Assisting with incident investigations and reporting
· Annual review of all HSE policies and procedures
· Manage activities necessary to ensure the continuous improvement and sustainability of the health and safety system
· Ensure that all Health & Safety Committees/ Representatives are established and operating according to the legislated requirements of the Provincial Act(s)
· Conduct hazard/ risk assessments and review the injury and illness frequency as required
· Responsible for being up-to-date on current health and safety-related trends, industry issues, and/or legislative changes
· Manage all Workers’ Compensation claims for Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick employees and track the progression of all claims
· Support all employees, supervisors, managers and Sr. Management with achieving their health and safety responsibilities
· Design and manage all health and safety training initiatives
· Manage schedule and ensure completion of hazard assessments, risk assessments and workplace inspections
· Maintain awareness of regulation changes and ensure compliance of operations with Environmental Health and Safety requirements
· Responsible for ensuring compliance with corporate vision for Environmental Health & Safety commitments, goals, and approaches
· Post Secondary education in a related discipline with minimum 5 years experience
· Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
· Strong knowledge of applicable Environmental and Health and Safety regulatory requirements
· Manufacturing 5S Lean experience is a must
· Certified under the Occupational Health & Safety Act/Regulations
· Strong working knowledge with managing health and safety initiatives
· Working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations, the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, Return to Work, WSIB, Human Rights Code, AODA, and WHMIS.
· Completion of a CPO - approved JHSC certification course and experience leading a Joint Health and Safety Committee.
· First Aid certification would be an asset.
· Manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred)
· Health and Safety : 5 years (Required)
What we Offer:
· Competitive Salary
· Benefit Package
· RPP Company Contribution
· Safe Working Environment
The company is committed to employment equity. Should you require accommodation please indicate your requirements and accommodation will be made available at any stage of the recruitment process.
The company thanks all those who apply but only those whose background closely matches the requirements of the position will be contacted for an interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent