Professional Excavators & Construction Inc. is currently looking to fill a seasonal Underground Foreman role.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with underground construction work
- Ability to lead a team of 4-10 crew members in a safe work environment
- Ability to read blueprints, grade sheets, job specifications, etc.
- Ability to calculate and check grades of pipe
- Fully understands and can teach the methodology for installing concrete/PVC/HDPE pipes
- Understands the methodology for installing valves, hydrants, manholes, catch basins, water risers, CDS
units, service components, etc.
- Ablility to troubleshoot and provide assistance with complex high rise tie ins
- Has a good understanding of installation methods within the deep utility industry
- Is fluent with the City of Calgary specifications and has a good rapport with City inspectors
- Promotes a safe work culture and ensures all crew members maintain safe working conditions - Leads by
- Must be able to meet all company/customer safety requirements and applicable policies
- Effective advance planning and problem solving skills with the ability to meet project deadlines and
- Must be proactive in communicating with Foreman and Superintendents
- Able to be a leader, punctual and shows initiative
- Is able to provide clear communication and expectations to crew, enforces discipline and inspires
- Environmentally conscious and respectful
- Maintains company image and site cleanliness
- Ability to work overtime as required
- Valid Ground Disturbance Level 2 Certification
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Pass mandatory Drug and Medical Screening
- Valid Driver’s License (Class 5) and reliable transportation
- Competitive wage
- A seasonal position with consistent work – weather based
- Comprehensive benefits through Merit and the Hour Bank Plan
Only those considered for the position will be contacted.