What is the opportunity?
As a Disability Claims Specialist you will adjudicate and manage disability claims in a team-oriented, multi-disciplinary, digital environment. You will also be responsible for applying appropriate risk management strategies, which will impact on the company’s financial results, reputation and regulatory risks, client relationships, and business retention.
What will you do?
- Responsible for the adjudication of disability claims utilizing a multidisciplinary claim management model to:
- ensure objective, fair and thorough claim adjudication
- comply with practices and procedures and regulatory requirements
- provide the highest level of customer service and manage reputational risk
- Develop and implement claims management and return to work strategies on their assigned caseloads
- Given the very sensitive nature of the information gathered in the adjudication process, extreme care must be exercised in the handling of a claim in order to guard against any breach of confidentiality
- Assess, research and analyze numerous disability contracts. Document the appropriate next steps while effectively applying the adjudication process. Professionally communicate outcomes to our clients.
- Read, validate and interpret financial statements and tax returns and apply to the decision-making process.
- Effectively communicate and build rapport with team members, stakeholders and business partners using a variety of techniques and collaboration from initiation to close.
- Resolve more complex conflicts and issues and escalates to others as appropriate
What will you need to succeed?
- Post-secondary education
- Minimum of 2 years of directly relevant disability claims experience
- Working on one industry course, one course completed preferred and working toward an industry designation (e.g. ALHC, FLMI, HIAA)
- Proven skills in conflict resolution as well as strong analytical and decision making skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
What's in it for you?
- A Total Rewards program that includes flexible benefits, work/life balance and career development programs and investment and retirement savings plans
- Competitive pay and high-earning potential
- All the tools, training, and team support you need to grow your career
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Sophisticated RBCI software tools to boost your productivity
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
483 Bay Street - Suite 1000
Required Travel (%):