Sheridan Nurseries is Canada’s largest integrated garden centre retailer and grower is based in the Greater Toronto Area. The company has over 375 hectares (930 acres) of land for growing plants and eight Garden Centres. Sheridan Nurseries Head Office is actively searching for a:
Full Time - Permanent
If you are an innovative and strategic problem solver who is passionate about improving the guest E-Commerce experience, then this is the role for you! If you want to lead a groundbreaking E-Commerce start-up backed by the strength of a company with a 100+ year history, this is an opportunity and challenge unlike any other. In addition to traditional retail, Sheridan is vertically integrated, manufacturing products for sale within our own retail channels and for distribution to wholesale customers across Canada and the United States. This role will have responsibility for the creation and management of a complete end-to-end E-Commerce ecosystem that serves all of our customers.
This is your chance to build the best digital garden centre in the world!
The E-Commerce Specialist is a key leader of the Sheridan Marketing team. Reporting to the Vice President of Merchandising and Marketing, you will be responsible for the implementation and ongoing development of the Sheridan Nurseries E-Commerce website. You will drive the technology roadmap and direction for our E-Commerce platform, exhibiting strong strategy, execution, design and analytical skills. You will be responsible for all aspects of the continual development and maintenance of the E-Commerce site.
- Execute an ongoing strategy for the Sheridan Nurseries E-Commerce business, inclusive of both sales and marketing plans.
- Manage all updates and changes made to our E-Commerce website.
- Assist with creative content management including updating homepages, product pages and key content pages, descriptions, images, pricing, and product categorization.
- Drive site personalization and segmentation strategy to create a relevant, value-added, and engaging customer experience.
- Maintain and optimize our website navigation, including sorting/filtering options to provide an optimized shopping experience online.
- Ensure all products in the respective merchandise divisions are offered online, creatively and strategically merchandised across the site, and are represented in the product listings.
- Continuously seek new ways of understanding and fulfilling the needs of our guests, improving guest satisfaction in the E-shopping channel and journey.
- Work closely with the marketing team to identify and drive opportunities to optimize navigation and usability to maximize conversion.
- Support and contribute to the creation and execution of all E-Commerce promotional activities.
- Increase our overall E-Commerce sales by strategizing and executing campaigns for guest re-targeting and new acquisitions.
- Develop strategies to drive traffic, conversion, retention and revenue.
- Track sales results against plan using weekly and monthly reporting.
- Gather and interpret online analytics to be used in improving the user experience and increasing sales.
- Prior experience in Product Management, Digital Marketing or E-Commerce Program Management.
- Well-versed with Shopify, Google Analytics, Facebook & Instagram Ad platforms.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Internally motivated, self-starter; inspires others to participate.
- Highly adaptable, thrives in a fast-paced environment and a quick learner.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, balancing multiple priorities and delivering on tight deadlines.
- Ability to execute, willingness to get hands dirty and possessing a ‘can-do’ mentality – be scrappy!
- BA/BSc degree or higher. Marketing related degree an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.