Pclass # SS046
This position is responsible for providing clerical support to assigned department(s) and for maintaining and managing department files, records, and database systems.
1. Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries from key stakeholder groups, which may include students, other departments, external partners and the general public. Provides accurate information and assistance while directing more complex or specialized queries to the appropriate personnel.
2. Maintains data systems, records, logs, etc., ensuring information is complete, accurate and up-to-date. Initiates scheduled and ad hoc queries and reports and liaises with appropriate parties regarding reconciliation of data. Purges unnecessary queries and old batches, runs database validation processes and ensures system back-ups are completed as scheduled.
3. Composes routine correspondence, completes forms and word processes reports, proposals and other related documents, ensuring accuracy. Prepares and collates information packages.
4. Schedules meetings and assists in the organization of events. Coordinates logistics including meeting rooms, media equipment and catering requests.
5. Organizes, sorts and processes incoming/outgoing mail, faxes and photocopying etc. Prepares, collates and coordinates large mail campaigns as required.
6. Maintains department filing system ensuring all information is stored accurately and in a timely manner.
7. Maintains inventory of department supplies including paper, forms, media and materials. Creates purchase requisitions and orders, tracks and receives items.
8. Coordinates services required from external contractors and other service departments for work required within area of operation.
9. Reviews and recommends office methods and procedures to streamline for efficiency. Identifies operational problems and reports issues to appropriate personnel.
10. Maintains policy and procedures manual.
11. May track payments.
12. Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Completion of Grade 12 plus additional specialized training of up to and including 1 year and over 1 year related experience or an equivalent combination of training and/or experience may be substituted for the required qualifications.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Superior customer service skills and the ability to handle potentially difficult and delicate situations with tact and diplomacy. Ability to function calmly and pleasantly during periods of high stress.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage several time-sensitive issues at any given time.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Computer experience with intermediate level knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience with database and Student Information Systems (Banner preferred).
- Accurate keyboarding skills with a minimum of 55 nwpm and proficiency in alphanumeric data entry.
- High degree of accuracy and excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent clerical aptitude. Familiarity with office policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated initiative.
Salary Range - Prorated based on FTE
PAYGRADE 18 – $919.065 to $1,066.0902 bi-weekly.
Employment Group Support Staff (CUPE)
Type of Position Temporary
Employment Type Part Time
Department SAFETY & SECURITY DEPARTMENT
Primary Location - This position may require you to work at all VCC locations. Downtown
Is this posting only for internal applicants? No
Desired Start Date - May be subject to change 07/07/2020
Position End Date - For Temporary Positions 08/20/2020
Vacation Blackout Dates
Number of Hours per Week 21
Work Schedule - Hours may vary according to the needs of the Department
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 8:30 am – 4:00 pm. However, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Eligible for Fortnight No
Special Instructions to Applicant
Vancouver Community College is committed to maintaining a work force that represents the diverse community we serve and we encourage all qualified applicants.
Posting Open Date 06/24/2020
Posting Close Date 07/08/2020
Is this a pooled posting? No