The BCPVPA is a not-for-profit organization that promotes excellence in leadership for 2,600 school-based and district principals and vice-principals in the K-12 public school system. The BCPVPA advocates on behalf of its members and on issues of importance to public education, designs and delivers professional learning and leadership development programs, and supports members in their employment relationships with school districts.
The BCPVPA Communications Assistant works directly supporting the work of the BCPVPA Director of Communications. The Director of Communications develops, leads and implements communication and marketing plans as well as programs and activities to effectively communicate with our members, partners, public and government. As a valued member of the BCPVPA team, you'll thrive in a performance-driven environment that emphasizes employee leadership and accountability for delivering results. Anticipate a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a challenging, but collaborative work environment.
BCPVPA Communications Assistant - Qualifications and experience:
The BCPVPA Communications Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the BCPVPA Director of Communications and assisting in the delivery of the BCPVPA’s strategic objectives.
- An undergraduate degree or training in a relevant discipline is desired. Prior communications and marketing experience preferred.
- Experience in developing and coordinating print and digital projects. Demonstrated working knowledge of graphic and web design principles are a must. Experience planning successful events for internal and external audiences, working with committees and volunteers where needed is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience working with social media tools in an organizational and/or corporate environment to engage audiences including Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram and other relevant and emerging social media platforms.
- Knowledge of public education and the roles of Principals and Vice-Principals as school leaders is an asset.
BCPVPA Communications Assistant – Demonstrated track record of successful experience in the following areas:
- Understanding and using content management systems, such as WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite;
- Experience in creating and delivering messages in various platforms using tools such as video cameras, podcasts, webcasts, social media tools and survey software.
- Ability to effectively use email, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation software at an advanced level in both MacOS and Windows environments.
- Ability to develop effective marketing and communication materials.
BCPVPA Communications Assistant – Necessary abilities:
- The ability to use digital communication/networking technology at an advanced level.
- Strong written communication and editing skills are a must including the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- The ability to compose correspondence, reports, presentations and other written materials using clear concise business English while adapting style and approach to a variety of audiences.
- The ability to develop and maintain cooperative, productive working relationships while balancing a range of perspectives in a calm, courteous and effective manner.
- The ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment while always demonstrating tact, discretion and confidentiality.
BCPVPA Communications Assistant – Responsibilities:
- Provide support directly to the BCPVPA Director of Communications.
- Manage the BCPVPA website, its content and ensure that updates are done in timely way.
- Assist in the monitoring of both the BCPVPA’s online presence as well as print, on-line and social media to maintain current knowledge of local, provincial, national and international education.
- Provide support for campaigns, public relations and marketing activities designed to raise the profile of the BCPVPA and its brand to members, partners, government and our public.
- Work effectively with authors, editors and publishers on BCPVPA publications.
- Assist in the creation and execution of events in support of the BCPVPA’s strategic vision and objectives. Events may include staff events, member events, orientations, exhibitions and partner events.
- Assist the Communications Director in the creation of budgets for BCPVPA events.
- Design and produce effective and visually appealing communication materials and digital assets for BCPVPA senior staff, including physical and digital signage, newsletters, presentations, promotional materials and event-specific materials. issues that affect BCPVPA members, the Board of Directors and BCPVPA staff.
- Work with external vendors where needed to produce materials and market the BCPVPA’s programs, services and publications.
- Effectively research and collate information of importance to the BCPVPA’s senior staff, the BCPVPA Board of Directors and its members across the province.
- Actively participate in all leadership team and Association events.
Industry: Education and Schools
- Extended health care
- Employee assistance programs
- Vacation & paid time off
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year