Posting #: 20-0032
Position: Executive Assistant
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Program: Senior Leadership
Department: Clinical Services
Site: Ramsey Lake Health Centre (RLHC)
KEY FUNCTION: Provide efficient and confidential administrative support, and ensure the day-to-day operations are effectively and efficiently managed, coordinated, and performed.
REPORTING: Under the general direction of the Associate Vice President (AVP), Clinical Services.
1. Manage and coordinate the flow of information to and from the AVP office.
2. Coordinate and schedule appointments and prioritize and maintain the AVP schedule.
3. Coordinate travel arrangements leadership team; complete travel expense claims for submission and approval as required.
4. Monitor and assist with budgetary preparation and ensure submission deadlines are met.
5. Oversee accounting of expenditures, and distribution of funds as required.
6. Manage and redirect correspondences/inquiries (i.e. telephone calls, walk-ins, emails, mail, fax) and obtain approval as required.
7. Manage patient and employee complaints and direct to appropriate area for timely response.
8. Prepare and organize a variety of documents and correspondence in an accurate and professional format, and obtain approval prior to issuance as required.
9. Coordinate meetings/conference calls, prepare agendas, ensure appropriate follow-up, book meeting rooms, coordinate audio visual (AV) and catering requirements, and facilitate videoconference events.
10. Complete special projects as assigned.
11. Maintain and update filing systems and electronic record management systems.
12. Process bi-weekly payroll data as required.
13. Coordinate regular and special events as assigned.
14. Facilitate the gathering of statistical information and coordination of reporting requirements as it pertains to the specific program.
15. Provide administrative support to members of the administrative team as required.
16. Ensure the AVP is kept abreast on all internal and external issues, and is advised of and prepared for all appointments and meetings.
17. Act as a liaison between the AVP and HSN’s Board of Trustees, senior leadership, management, physicians, staff, internal and external stakeholders, and the general public.
18. Act as the recording secretary for assigned committees.
19. Determine and align improvement projects with HSN’s Strategic Plan; monitor and adjust to achieve goal outcomes.
20. Participate in education and training specific to current, relevant federal and provincial health and safety legislation, standards and guidelines.
21. Educate and promote health, safety and wellness in the work place.
22. Represent the department or program on various committees and in meetings as required.
23. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
1. Minimum of a two (2) year Diploma in Office Administration or Business Administration, from an accredited college.
2. Ministry of Labour “Worker Health and Safety Awareness in 4 Steps” training certificate is required.
1. Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working in an administrative support role at a senior management level, preferably in a health care environment.
1. Demonstrated minimum typing speed of 50 words per minute.
2. Demonstrated superior time management, prioritization, organizational, analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving, and leadership skills.
3. Demonstrated proficiency in taking and transcribing minutes.
4. Demonstrated ability to compile data, and independently manage small to medium sized projects.
5. Demonstrated training, experience or utilization of lean methodology for process improvement.
6. Demonstrated ability to independently identify issues, plan improvements, measure success and continue improvement.
7. Demonstrated excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook) and patient information systems.
8. Demonstrated superior interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
9. Demonstrated ability to manage routine correspondence, multiple tasks/projects, diversified workload and rapidly changing priorities and challenging deadlines.
10. Demonstrated discretion and maturity when handling confidential information.
11. Demonstrated commitment to the safety of co-workers and patients.
1. Demonstrated ability to work flexible hours and attend mandatory meetings as required.
2. Demonstrated commitment to continuous quality improvement.
3. Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment.
4. Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development.
5. Demonstrated professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
6. Demonstrated positive work record and excellent attendance record.
7. Ability to meet the physical and sensory demands of the job.
8. Ability to travel between local sites.
Selection Process: Candidates will be selected for this position on the basis of their skill, ability, experience and qualifications as identified in the resume and completed Application Form submitted. The Hospital reserves the right to conduct a formal interview where required.
French Language Service Designation: Bilingualism is an Asset
Interested applicants for this position are encouraged to apply before 1600 hours on January 15, 2020. The position will remain open until filled.
HSN THANKS ALL APPLICANTS.
ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONTACTED.
WE WILL NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent