Student Peer Mentors
Twelve (12) Month Casual Contract positions (2)
Kirkland Lake/Englehart/New Liskeard
The Student Peer Mentor will undertake to achieve the strategic goal of enabling better education, training and employment opportunities for youth with extended Society Care status. The Student Peer Mentor will endeavour to make meaningful connections with the youth through role modeling and engaging the youth in various activities.
Job Requirements (Qualifications and Skills):
· Must possess a high school diploma
· Must be able to commit to approximately 15-20 hours a month over the span of at least one academic semester in a supportive capacity with a youth in Extended Care
· Excellent communication, listening and organizational skills
· Ability to relate to young people and act as a role model
· Experience as a youth in care is an asset
· Working flexible hours is required
· Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
· Bilingualism is an asset
· Must have a valid driver’s license and use of own vehicle
The job description for this position is available upon request.
Please submit your resume by: January 24, 2020
Quote Competition # 19-82
Send Resume and Cover Letter via email
For more employment opportunities please visit our website at www.neofacs.org
North Eastern Ontario Family and Children’s Services only accepts resumes that are received by the email address above. We thank everyone for their interest in North Eastern Ontario Family and Children’s Services; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
NEOFACS is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Working together for the well-being and safety of children, youth and families.
Job Type: Casual