MagiNet™ Wireless Network Specialist - Installer
We are hiring a Wireless Network Installer to join the Mage Networks team. Reporting to Mage Operations department, the MagiNet™ Installer will be supported by Operations and Engineering teams and responsible for design, test, configure, install, upgrade and troubleshoot our growing wireless networks in rural Manitoba.
Equipment includes a wide range of wireless devices, routers, switches, many of them powered by Mage’s proprietary firmware MagiLink®.
Main areas of responsibility include:
- Support the network design team with onsite tests using Mage designed portable test units, report findings, analyse alternatives and propose solutions to connecting new customers and expand the network.
- Install wireless devices on homes and businesses and onboard new customers.
- Manage inventory of consumables to ensure supply is available for installations.
- Work with Mage’s procurement and production specialist to ensure wireless devices are available for installations.
- Follow all company procedures and deliver reports as needed.
- Provide remote support and participate in the on-call schedules.
- Provide on-site customer support and repairs as needed and as guided by customer service team.
- Coordinate movement of equipment from base/office to install sites.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Experience installing external services and bringing them into the home, i.e., fixed wireless, satellite dishes, alarm systems, etc.
- Basic laptop computer skills are required to test and troubleshoot the system. A+ certification a plus.
- Experience terminating CAT5e Ethernet and testing cable is an asset.
- Determine best location to mount wireless units based upon design parameters.
- Installation of mounting brackets / equipment onto vertical structures like homes, business, trees, wooden and metal poles, etc.
- Determination of best cable-path and running wire from mounting location into home. NOTE: Usually requires drilling through the wall to install the cable.
- Provide customer service during installs and field visits.
- Ability to work independently and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving ability.
- Good eyesight, hand dexterity, comfortable with heights, ability to climb ladders, and carry equipment.
- Post-Secondary education in a related field and two to three years of experience in a related field or a combination of education and experience.
- Experience in dealing with customers in any capacity is an asset.
- Ability to work on flexible schedule and travel outside of home base.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety standards. Construction and particularly working at heights related safety training is an asset.
Conditions of employment
- Eligible to work in Canada.
- Provide a criminal background check, details to be provided later.
- Valid driver’s license and required to provide an annual driver abstract, details to be provided later.
Compensation & benefits
- Full / part-time.
- Employee / contractor.
- Competitive compensation package
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$22.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Portage la Prairie, MB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Expected start date: 2022-08-08