A BETTER FUTURE
Everything begins with passion, a legacy from the Saputo family, which offered tasty and quality cheeses to its community. Today, after more than 65 years, the company employs thousands of dedicated employees, proud of their role, who work day after day to deliver quality products to customers and consumers.
Ensuring the well-being of our employees is our priority. We offer attractive working conditions and benefits to our employees and their families:
Advantageous corporate agreements
Full range of group insurance benefits
Group retirement pension plan with employer contribution
Purchase option of company stocks
Health and wellness program in the workplace
Assistance program for employees and their families
We support employment equity. Saputo strives to embed diversity and inclusion in its operations and invites candidates from all horizons to join its family.
SUMMARY OF TASKS:
As a member of the Maintenance team, the Maintenance Mechanic (Millwright) is responsible for the routine/preventive maintenance and troubleshooting of the manufacturing equipment and building.
Holiday Relief - Home Shift:
Tue - Fri (10:30 pm – 7:30 am) HOURS WILL CHANGE
Temporary - Full Time
- Facilitates the timely and efficient preventive and predictive maintenance on production and warehouse equipment.
- Trouble shoots and repairs equipment in breakdown situations to ensure production efficiencies are achieved.
- Provides training to plant staff as required.
- Works with other trades groups, vendors and contractors to complete project assignments as required.
- Troubleshoot and repair PLC and low voltage electrical control systems.
- Proper documentation of work performed, parts used, time sheets and HACCP documents
- Performance of other duties as required.
- Certified Journeyman
- Excellent mechanical skills and ability to carry out general plant/ equipment maintenance.
- Food industry or high speed packaging experience.
- PLC training and experience would be an asset.
- Demonstrate excellent trouble shooting skills and analytical skills.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervisor and within an interdependent team.
- A high level of self-motivation and initiative.
- Proven proficiency and dependability in current position with a good safety record.
- Able to work in confined spaces.
- Some heavy lifting required.