Positive Circles is seeking a community-minded Social Worker with at least two years of experience solving a mix of social welfare challenges, producing psychosocial assessments, exercising critical thinking in behavioural health and navigating conflict resolution. We will speak with candidates that have practical knowledge of clinical social work in the area of mental health, including mood, anxiety and borderline personality trait disorders.
How we work
Our team is active in the community. We usually visit our clients and provide hands-on individual, family or group time-limited therapy. You will be supported by a multidisciplinary team, our families, referral sources and community partners. We leverage technology to make case management efficient, reliable and secure.
- Master of Social Work (MSW)
- Registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Experience with eating disorders, OCD, PTSD, mood, anxiety and borderline personality trait disorders within an adolescent population
- Demonstrated experience in several therapeutic modalities especially CBT, DBT, IPT, CPT
- Thorough knowledge of social work treatment methods applied in mental health settings and community.
- Capable of conducting individual, group and family therapy sessions
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team
- environment; demonstrated competency in performing case management, clinical assessment and intervention and documentation of care.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of the theory and practice of clinical social/mental health work.
- Confident ability to work with clients of diverse ethnic, race and cultural backgrounds.
- Training, experience or advanced knowledge in behavioural counselling and interventions is an asset.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, problem-solving, decision-making, conflict resolution and critical thinking abilities.
- Proven excellent interpersonal skills and practical oral/written communication skills.
- You have knowledge and experience in clinical social work including assessment, clinical intervention, and consultation
- You will work remotely with regular video conference meetings with clinical supervisors.
- Typically, you will schedule out of office client sessions during business hours within the Greater Toronto area. Variable hours may be occasionally required due to client demand.
- Confident ability in logging session notes in your computer or tablet
- You will use your vehicle to commute to client sessions.
- Confirmation of academic credentials
- Confirmation of regulatory college registration
- Verification of license to drive and insurance policy certificate
- Confirmation of CPR-HCP certifications
- Receipt of current Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Check
Knowledge of Industry Guidelines
- Mental Health Act and the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA)
- OCSWSSW Standards of Practice
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress
- Work from home opportunities
Reference ID: PC - Social Worker - Contract
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- social work: 2 years (Preferred)
- Master's Degree (Required)