We require an experienced real estate assistant/law clerk having a minimum of three (3) years' experience. Applicants should have experience including:
- managing files from beginning to end of transactions including purchases and sales, bank/mortgage financings of commercial transactions, re-financings and assumptions, title clean-ups, conducting due diligence searches (including off-title enquiries) in connection with real estate acquisitions, conducting and reviewing title searches, registering documents and drafting requisitions;
- negotiating and finalizing title insurance policies for acquisitions and financings;
- drafting closing documents including status reports and final reports;
- preparing accounts;
- functional proficiency in real estate clerking software including Conveyancer, Teraview, PCLaw, WordPerfect, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook; and
- other responsibilities as required.
We are looking to interview selected applicants as soon as possible. While we appreciate all applications, only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview. Please direct all inquiries and a brief cover letter and resume / CV to our office.
We are committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Type: Full-time