Reporting to the Manager of Community Standards, the “Senior Bylaw Officer” oversees the operation of Bylaw Enforcement and ensures that compliance is achieved for all municipal bylaws. As well as assists in administering and coordinating, all aspects of the lottery and business licensing process.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
· Lead day to day services, operations and supervision;
· Train, mentor and develop staff;
· Respond to community requests for service;
· Proactively identify community issues and seek resolution through public education, enforcement and compliance initiatives;
· Conflict resolution and strategic problem solving;
· Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess:
· Minimum of a two year college program focusing on law and security courses
· Minimum of one year related experience; knowledge of the standard practices & procedures of the Ontario Court System.
· Minimum 2 years supervisory experience
· Knowledge, interpretation and application of Municipal By-laws and Provincial Legislation; knowledge, interpretation, and application of Property Standards legislation.
· Certification by Municipal Law Enforcement Officers’ Association of Ontario and the Ontario Association of Property Standards Officers considered an asset, equivalent education and experience may be considered.
· Experience managing the application, issuance, renewal and appeal processes in a licensing services, permit and administration environment.
· Ontario Driver’s License (Class G) with a clean abstract
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $33.53-$39.23 per hour