Legal Assistant - Corporate Commercial, plus R.E.
West end law firm is looking for an experienced legal assistant to join our busy, established firm, reporting primarily to one lawyer with a mixed practice.
The ideal candidate will meet the following minimum requirements:
- successful completion of local accredited Legal Assistant and/or Law Clerk program
- minimum of 4 years relevant law firm experience in corporate commercial law
- experience in residential real estate and wills and estates law an asset or willingness to learn
- solid understanding of corporate law terminology and statutes exposure
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with public authorities, clients and colleagues alike
- strong in drafting, editing and formatting correspondence
- efficient level of accurate transcription from dictation
- effective management of electronic data and filing systems
- solid working knowledge of ONCorp,Fastco, PCLaw, MS Suite and Outlook. Teraview, Conveyancer, Estate-a- Base an asset.
- strong organizational and time management skills
- strong at prioritizing workload with flexibility to meet deadlines
- positive, helpful attitude and willingness to take on other tasks as needed
Firm offers great location on subway line, friendly thriving neighborhood, and benefits plan.
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Life insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- digital transcription: 2 years (Required)
- Corporate Commercial: 4 years (Required)
- related software: 4 years (Preferred)
- Residential Real Estate: 2 years (Preferred)