Description of the Position:
The Global Investment Lab is an integral part of Citi Private Bank’s investments organization, dedicated to delivering comprehensive, analytical and highly customized investment strategies with specific actionable solutions for ultra-high-net-worth relationships. The position has a responsibility for driving results, enabling sales and enhancing the bank’s revenue generating efforts. This role will have a primary focus on Canada region with wider North America support.
Our holistic consultative sales process is designed to create sophisticated implementation plans drawing on the best global thinking and customizing it to the needs of the end client for their particular situation. The strategy adopted by the group is based upon strong teamwork globally and a highly supportive and inclusive attitude towards other colleagues in the Private Bank and across Citi.
The position will have the opportunity to conduct bespoke strategic and tactical asset allocation, portfolio optimization and construction, risk identification, fund and capital market strategies, and statistical modeling. He/She will have responsibility for full coverage of Canada serving as client-facing Senior Investment Analyst-Lead (SIA-L) of the region, as well as support U.S. SIA-L on U.S. client analytics. It requires a unique focus on innovation as it is a cornerstone of the Global Investment Lab. The team is responsible for three key areas:
- Client Analytics (provision of client-specific analytics and recommendations based upon clients' needs and portfolio holdings, covering assets and liabilities)
- Product Strategy (Articulation of global and regional themes, positioning our solutions offering and strategy development)
- Business Management (Identifying opportunities for CPB and our clients (segments) through analysis of the book of business, clients' portfolios and markets or product trends).
The role is expected to facilitate client analyses by collaborating with bankers and Investment Counsellors to identify issues, establish the right approach for the analysis, manage analyst team members in conducting analysis and be able to discuss the results directly with the client. He/she will design custom asset allocation, know our “focus list” managers and key products, and communicate clearly to a client the Citi Private Bank views and how to apply them to the client’s portfolio.
This position would suit a proactive and energetic analyst with a sales/commercial mindset, and the ability to manage his/her time around business priorities. The opportunities for skill-set growth are high because of the wide range of subjects covered.
Analysis & Client Interaction
- Collaborate with Private Bankers and Investment Counselors in understanding client needs. Design customized strategic and tactical asset allocation strategies for clients by using proprietary models and tools. Be responsible for developing actionable client proposals, which may include cash flow analyses on illiquid investments, hedging strategies and factor-aware portfolios around concentrated positions, proxy analyses on private companies, and holistic risk diagnostics on the total portfolio by aggregating outside providers. Help clients with their philanthropy goals as well as their generational transfer requirements.
- Meet prospects and clients regularly. Present comprehensive analyses and proposals to Canadian clients in a confident manner. Help the region deepen client relationship by effectively positioning the Lab as a real and value-added differentiator. Facilitate meaningful and regular client conservations and enable product sales. Partner with bankers and ICs to help Canadian region achieve and surpass financial goals.
- Position relevant CPB’s global and regional themes. Based on client feedback and conversations, identify trends and investment topics, and develop thought leadership and strategies specifically for Canadian clients to deepen client experience.
- Identify opportunities for CPB Canada via analysis of the Canadian book of business. Proactively present opportunities to bankers and ICs. As the Lab works with all parties, including Trust, Banking & Deposit, Custody, Investment Finance and Investments, such opportunities may impact groups beyond investments.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Consistent work towards developing innovative solutions, tools and frameworks for global Investments organization. Participate in development, education and rollout of global initiatives, analytical tools and methods.
- Always have CPB and Citi’s common goals in mind. Be an effective partner to other organizations within CPB and broader Citi.
- Consistently follow Citi’s Code of Ethics. Support and operate within regulatory policies in both Canada and the U.S.
- Advanced knowledge of Modern Portfolio Theory, asset allocation techniques, portfolio simulation, risk analytics, financial markets and investment strategies. Familiarity with financial modelling (including Monte Carlo simulation, optimization, and regression) and statistical analysis tools. Working knowledge and experience of python.
- Working knowledge of Capital Markets and Managed Investment products including derivatives and alternative investments. Solid knowledge of credit products, loanable values and Investment Finance as a whole; basic knowledge of trust
- Previous experience dealing with ultra-high net worth individuals and family offices a must. Minimum 5 years of relevant financial industry experience. 7-10 years highly desirable
- Strong written / verbal / proposal communication skills. Effective presentation skills a must. Must be comfortable dealing with clients directly
- Soft skills include a can-do attitude, sense of ownership and urgency. A strong team player
- Educational and professional certificate: Bachelor’s degree minimum; Master’s degree desirable; CFA designation highly desirable
- Regulatory Qualification Requirements: Need to get all Canadian registrations completed within 6 months of hire to be able to meet clients; registered PM highly desirable.
- Travel: In addition to covering clients in Toronto, up to 30% travel to meet with Canadian clients outside Toronto. If travel to the U.S., follow OWS rules.
Job Descriptions/ Postings
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities (including, without limitation, physical and mental health disabilities) during the recruitment process and otherwise in accordance with law. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minority or racialized communities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - CA
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement .
To view the EEO Policy Statement .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting .