Fero Waste and Recycling Inc, a division of The Municipal Group of Companies, is a solid waste company that services New Brunswick and Nova Scotia and is currently seeking the knowledge and expertise of a Front Load Operator based out of our Saint John, NB location.
The Front Load Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a Class 3, Front Loader Refuse vehicle. This position is also responsible for inspecting, cleaning, and maintaining the equipment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive Front Load truck in a safe and efficient manner on assigned routes to fill contractual requirements; Ensure assigned routes are completed in a timely and safe manner.
- Responsible for daily pre and post trip inspections of trucks assigned;
- Check in with Dispatcher to determine what time to leave and return;
- Load and unload materials, tools, and equipment under varying traffic and road conditions;
- Maintain telephone or radio contact with appropriate supervisor to receive delivery instructions;
- Advise Supervisor of any requirements for maintenance or repairs;
- Report any driving infractions and/or suspensions;
- Perform end of day driver check-ins to ensure complete and accurate paperwork completion;
- Be aware of surroundings at all times;
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task;
- Protect and promote the interest of this company in all matters and to take actions as required to satisfy such responsibilities;
- Ensure safety of fellow employees;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, and Experience:
- Valid commercial driver’s license with clear driver abstract;
- Class 3 driver’s license in good standing;
- Ability to follow a firm work schedule as directed by supervisor;
- Willingness to work in a team environment;
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner;
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures;
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and supervisors to ensure that projects are completed properly;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong customer focus;
- Proven ability to multi-task & ability to prioritize tasks;
- Previous waste and or recycling experience preferred;
- Residential curbside collection experience preferred;
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
What is Offered:
- Competitive Compensation and a comprehensive Benefits Package is available upon meeting contract probationary agreement.
- Fero Waste and Recycling is an Equal Opportunity Employer;
- Our company offers internal opportunities for advancement & professional/personal growth;
- Employees are offered unique perks including company discounts;
How to Apply:
If interested in this position, all qualified candidates are to submit a detailed resume directly through Indeed portal. We thank all those for submitting an application, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Class 3 Driver's Licence with Air Brakes: 1 year (Preferred)
- Saint John, NB (Preferred)
- Class 3 Driver's Licence with Air Brakes (Required)