Proactive coordinator within Information Systems that partners with the branch users, using a team approach to move Bayshore forward in meeting its business objectives through the use of technology. This includes working on agreed priorities, following through all stages of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Provides a comprehensive approach to implementation of related IS applications with emphasis on the betterment of client care, customer service, improved efficiency, improved quality and optimal use of resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with user groups to further develop IS solutions with a global proactive approach.
- Identifies needs, recommends, supports and facilitates the implementation of related change to improve client care and branch operations in keeping with business objectives.
- Ensures that system modules are developed, revised, thoroughly tested, and implemented in concurrence with user requirements.
- Conducts appropriate research, analysis, design (including options), estimates and recommendations using the SDLC methodology:
- Identifying Needs / Opportunities with the customer
- Analysis, Design and Estimates through customer negotiation and agreement
- Creation of an agreed upon Customer Requirements Document
- Solution creation inclusive of user manuals and training
- Unit / System testing within IS
- Support User Acceptance Testing
- Coordinate move to the Live environment
- Conduct Post Implementation review.
- Provide meaningful metric on performance/use.
- Utilizes time / project management techniques / tools to emphasize proactive planning and monitoring of assignments through to successful completion with WIN/WIN results for both the customer as well as IS.
- Develops reports to be generated by the system as requested by the user areas, and duly approved following prescribed methodologies.
- Achieves a smooth transfer to the customer for user acceptance testing inclusive of the user manuals. This includes the resolution of agreed upon problems.
- Fosters an interest in continuing education and facilitates self-directed learning by making information available to staff. Participates in activities to foster own professional development.
- Understands all related applications that are running on the computers and be willing to increase own level of education to maintain a high standard of computer knowledge.
- Develops, updates and reviews IS department standards and procedures in collaboration with the Director / Manager as required.
- Prepares and submits reports and records relating to activities as appropriate and/or requested.
- Functions as a resource to users in troubleshooting and training.
- Is available for on-call coverage as required to support IS in its mandate to provide 24 hour escalation support to its customers.
- Maintains and updates all system menus and dictionaries.
- Is informed and knowledgeable of all interfaces and any changes to their respective modules.
- Maintains and ensures competence in all procedures and possesses an up-to-date knowledge and technical expertise in his/her discipline.
- Acts as a liaison person for the Director / Manager.
- Relieves the Director / Manager of responsibilities that do not require direct input, as identified by the Director / Manager.
- Responsible for basic, advanced training or re-training of staff and/or key-trainers using the related system(s). This ongoing support will involve liaison with all levels of branch and NSC staff.
- Liaises with all levels of staff to facilitate solutions to any questions, problems and concerns from user departments and when necessary, liaises with external personnel or organizations to affect these solutions.
- Assist in the daily organization of the department to maintain a high level of efficiency.
- Perform other projects or duties as assigned.
- Looks for opportunities to improve levels of service recognizing the needs and expectations of our clients.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the philosophy and objectives of IS within Bayshore.
- Maintains professional standards.
- Complies with all Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
- Complies with all Canadian provincial and federal privacy legislation.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company's Quality Management System
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel
- Complete other tasks as requested
College or University Graduate in relevant program e.g.diploma or degree in Health Informatics or Computer Science/ Information Systems preferred
Systems application analysis and programming, preferably in the health care environment. Three (3) to five (5) years work experience. Demonstrates initiative, effective communication skills.
Alayacare and Procura are an asset for this role.
Other Skills and Abilities
Must be time flexible and willing to put in extra time when required by deadlines or system problems. Must possess well developed communication and interpersonal skills with above average diplomatic abilities for user interaction. A self-starter and able to work on own initiative. Interested in learning new techniques and procedures. Able to work with a project team.