Why join us?
We are looking for a highly motivated Leasing Manager to join our Leasing team in Montreal. In this role, you will be involved in the leasing of our Quartier DIX30 Shopping Centre, one of the only true lifestyle centres in the country. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of tenancy including offers, extensions, renewals, expansion, and assignments.
You will be a key member of an engaged, high-reaching team—part of a world-class, winning culture that prioritizes people development and focuses on long-term growth. We take great pride in leading the industry by earning respect through every interaction, every day. We go above and beyond to protect and grow relationships by anticipating needs, being honest and considerate and valuing customers as genuine partners.
As a member of this team, you will be responsible for:
To succeed in this role, you have:
- Continuously identifying opportunities concerning renewals, new leasing opportunities, and potential developments;
- Acting as primary and the ongoing contact for tenants, their consultants and other representatives within Quartier Dix30;
- Negotiating the terms of leasing offers of existing and new tenants;
- The research of potential tenancies with cold calling;
- Preparing and managing leasing budgets for Quartier Dix30;
- Maintaining NOI in conjunction with Property Management;
- Monitoring and assessing market trends, ensuring that all leasing offers are competitive;
- Ensuring all lease offers are effectively documented;
- The completion of projects delivered on time and within budget spend; and
- Liaison with Legal and Property Management to achieve leasing goals and to resolve any tenant conflicts regarding leasing matters.
- University or College education preferred;
- Minimum 3 years of related Real Estate experience, with 2 years of Retail Leasing experience;
- Experience working in open air shopping centres is preferred
- Possess strong sales and business acumen;
- Demonstrate strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
- Proven ability and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain strong business relationships.
- Demonstrate effective technical skills including financial analysis, presentation skills, and written reporting;
- Ability to adapt to fast-paced work environment;
- Thrive in a dynamic organization while working with ambiguity at times;
- Have flexibility to work extra hours on occasion and sometimes on short notice;
- Thrive in organizations that constantly evolve and adapt; and
- Driven to achieving results and continuously striving to deliver the highest performance through creative thinking.
Oxford Properties Group connects people to exceptional places, and is the owner, developer and manager of some of the world’s best real estate assets. Established in 1960, it manages approximately $60 billion of assets across the globe on behalf of its co-owners and investment partners. Oxford’s portfolio encompasses office, retail, industrial, hotels and multifamily residential and spans over 100 million square feet in global gateway cities across four continents. A highly disciplined and thematic investor, Oxford invests in properties, portfolios, development sites, debt, securities and platform opportunities across the risk-reward spectrum. With regional head offices in Toronto, New York, London, Luxembourg, Singapore and Sydney, its long-term approach to real estate investment aligns Oxford’s interests to its customers and the communities in which it operates. Oxford is the global real estate arm of OMERS, the AAA credit rated defined benefit pension plan for Ontario's municipal employees.
OMERS is committed to having a workforce that reflects the communities in which we live and work. Diversity and Inclusion at OMERS means we respect and value the broadest range of experiences, geographies, gender, ethnicities and perspectives as key elements of our culture. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.